We’re Giving Wyze Person Detection to All Users at Whatever Price You Want - 1/11/22

Also, when I go to the supplied Link I see not option for Cam Plus Lite. I see Cam Plus and Cam Plus Pro.

Need to click the “Add a Subscription” link on the page.

1 Like

ok ok… thank you!! cool cool

I opted in for pay your price last year and opted in for unlimited cam plus in December. I get billed twice a month. (One for cam plus unlimited and one for my name your price). What happens if I cancel cam plus unlimited? Do I get to keep cam plus lite or not because I am canceling cam plus? I want to no longer pay for the old name your price, while I have cam plus unlimited. If I cancel my unlimited I want to make sure what I need to do to still have cam plus lite. Any hell will be appreciate. Thank you

My recommendation would be to wait until you’re migrated from Person Detection to Cam Plus Lite (should be sometime this week), then head over to https://services.wyze.com and edit your Cam Plus Lite to a $0 contribution while you have your Cam Plus Unlimited subscription. That way if you ever end up deciding to discontinue Cam Plus Unlimited, you’ll be able to fall back on Cam Plus Lite (and can choose to contribute again if you’d like!).

6 Likes

Thanks, makes sense. Seems I jumped the gun a little early.

Can you share the ‘recommend’ contribution amount (by camera quantity/tiers) with us so we can factor that into our decision making? Thanks.

If you replace the prepopulated “$” with a “0” and submit, a recommended amount based on your eligible cams will be displayed in a pop-up.

5 Likes

My V2 has already switched over.

Thanks Wyze.

3 Likes

On mine too!:slightly_smiling_face:
As far as I’m concerned, it’s just the name that has changed. For my 2 V3s, they are on CamPlus.

3 Likes

I have a Wyze Outdoor Cam and I am a bit confused. If I don’t signup will I still get motion detection notifications and 12 sec recordings locally? If I do sign up will I lose my ability to record locally and lose motion detection and just have person detection?

4 Likes

Legacy person detection started working on non-legacy (v3) cameras sometime last week (or earlier). Turning it on for all cameras had a bug but it seems to work out eventually. Great that I don’t have to do anything and will automatically switch over to CPL.

1 Like

Further thoughts.

It seems to be a good thing but what about the legal rights of legacy detections.

Does it mean Older V2 signed over the right?

thx

I just signed up for cam pro lite, and had cam pro like 6 months ago and canceled so I no longer have cam pro. My question is now that I have person detection activated when I go into notification settings and try to turn on person detection it redirects me to cam pro am I doing something wrong? Under my account it says Cam Plus Lite (PD Legacy) and when I click on that I have both cams register. Do I disable detects motion? Is there anything else that I can do?

1 Like

This would make a great way to convince people to join in.

Person Detection is automatically enabled when you assign Cam Plus Lite (CPL) to your cam. To turn the AI Person Detection on/off, you need to unassign/toggle off CPL for your cam via Account > Services Cam Plus Lite > toggle feature off/on. That is different from Cam Plus. Notifications for CPL remain the same as Cam Plus… cam’s settings > Notifications > Wyze AI Events > toggle on/off.

2 Likes

But the thing is I can’t change the person detection unless if I toggle the Cam Plus settings which redirects me to buy Cam Plus so having Wyze AI Events turned on while all the Cam Plus events like person, pet, etc is toggled off won’t trigger anything correct? Should I disable motion detection then, so it only records people detection?

Yes, the easiest summary is that Cam Plus Lite is basically Legacy Person Detection, but being renamed and upgraded to allow ANYONE to have it now and allowing other devices to use it now. It will still be limited to 12-second cloud recordings with a 5-minute cooldown.

For convenience, here are the main categories of people with what each should do to attain their desired outcome:

I already have Cam Plus But not Legacy Person Detection, how do I get Cam Plus Lite?

Open the Drop Down for how to get this
  • You will be automatically enrolled in Cam Plus Lite so that you can use it on any other cams that don’t have Cam Plus already, or have it available to use if you ever cancel Cam Plus or get more cams.

I already have Cam Plus AND Legacy Person Detection, how do I get Cam Plus Lite?

• Your Legacy Person Detection will be automatically renamed to Cam Plus Lite and updated to allow using it on other cams (including V3’s, which were not included with Legacy Person Detection).

I don’t have Cam Plus, but do have Legacy Person Detection, how do I get Cam Plus Lite?

• Your Legacy Person Detection will be automatically renamed to Cam Plus Lite and updated to allow using it on other cams (including V3’s, which were not included with Legacy Person Detection).

I don’t have Cam Plus, nor Legacy Person Detection; but want to have Person Detection notifications instead of just motion/sound, what do I do?

• Go to this link: https://services.wyze.com/purchase/type/person-detection and voluntarily enroll in Cam Plus Lite choosing to pay any price you feel it warrants, including $0. Then go into the account tab on your app and add Cam Plus Lite to all your cams. You will then have the option to use Person Detection on your Wyze cams.

I don’t have Cam Plus, nor Legacy Person Detection; I don’t care about Person Detection, I just want my cameras to keep working the way I’m used to, what do I do?

• Go to this link: https://services.wyze.com/purchase/type/person-detection and voluntarily enroll in Cam Plus Lite, choosing to pay any price you feel is reasonable for you right now, including $0 (you can also always change this rate in the future as your circumstances change). Once enrolled, go into the account tab on your app and add Cam Plus Lite to all your cameras, and verify your cameras are all set to continue to notify you of all motion and not just person detections. Your cameras will then continue to function as you are used to (12-second recordings as often as every 5 minutes). You are not losing anything and can keep having it the way you are used to, but you now have the option to have it only alert you when it detects a person instead of any kind of movement if you ever change your mind and want that in the future, but you are not forced to use this if you do not want it.

I don’t have Cam Plus, nor Legacy Person Detection; I don’t want to sign up for anything new, I just want things to keep working like they have, what do I do?

Open the Drop Down for information
  • If you do nothing, you will lose your free cloud recording feature that you currently have. It will be assumed that you do not want nor use Cloud recording and on Feb 15th you will be transitioned to still getting text notifications with a thumbnail included (where you have notifications enabled), and you will still be able to review video recorded to an SD card, but if you want to keep cloud recordings as you have had so far, you must actively choose to voluntarily enroll in Cam Plus Lite and select what you are willing to pay for it, including $0.

I don’t have Cam Plus, nor Legacy Person Detection; and DON’T want to have cloud videos saved anymore, what do I do?

• Do not do anything. On Feb 15th, you will be switched to receive notifications with a text and a thumbnail image of the event. You will still be able to go review any video on your SD card, but Wyze will no longer store clips of your videos in the cloud as was previously necessary to get notifications.

Some of the automatic transitions may take a few days to enable. Please be patient. Reach out for help with any problems, Mods, Mavens and community members are willing to help and answer questions. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So, I love this concept. It’s how I support some other projects that I really enjoy and benefit from.

Here’s an additional suggestion. Some of us really love the hardware, the cam plus stuff is neat and all, but we’re gunshy when it comes to cloud services, we’d prefer to keep it local and integrate your excellent hardware into our existing systems.

I was pumped when we finally got firmware that gave us RTSP support on v3, I had been looking at other options for expanding my existing camera coverage, but with the RTSP firmware, it showed me that you weren’t just ignoring our requests.

That in mind, I pay for cam plus, not so much because I use it all the time, (in fact, I’m using the RTSP firmware and I find that I’m not getting some of the Cam Plus benefits because of it, which is fine, I’ll make those tradeoffs) I pay in large part because I want to make sure that Wyze sticks around.

From a business perspective, I can see how my patronage in that way could be misconstrued. It would be really excellent if there were a way that we could do something like specify a pay as you can/want to support development of extra features/support for more local control of our devices. Same hardware, but with regular support for those of us, who are likely in the vast minority, that aren’t really interested in cloud video, but would love stability updates, or who knows, maybe a little different feature set based on how resources are used.

6 Likes

With Cam Plus Lite, you only have the Person Detection part of the AI suite. It’s automatically turned on when you assign CPL to your cam. Having Wyze AI Events enabled with CPL will result in Person Events and everything else is just tagged as Motion Detected Events. If you don’t want to be bothered with a flood of motion detection notifications that are not tagged as Person, you turn off “All Other Motion Events” in cam settings > Notifications and leave Wyze AI Events toggled on. You have to leave Event Recording > Detects Motion toggled on or you will not receive Person notifications as the processing to detect Person is in the cloud applied to general motion events.

4 Likes