We’re Giving Wyze Person Detection to All Users at Whatever Price You Want - 1/11/22

Pay or not-pay is binary. That can’t be right. So, payment fluidity. Ahh, that’s the ticket! :slight_smile:

Can you change to $0 after having initially chosen $+X ?

You sure can! You can also increase/lower your contribution at any time.

3 Likes

CamPlus Schrodinger

You won’t know if you’ve paid or not until you open the box.

2 Likes

So it’s like a quantum entanglement payment.

2 Likes

Spooky actioncam at a distance.

1 Like

I pay my $1 A MONTH AND STILL NOTHING

Nice wabbit hole, boys. I ducked in and out like Daffy with the same head-spinning results. :wink:

Is this you?

And you’re saying Legacy Person Detection and/or associated Notifications never worked for you?

Or?

There really isn’t a cat. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But the spoon and the cake are real.

Looks like my 5 v1 cams will soon lose all cloud clip storage, despite all the promises when I bought them. I have a coworker who upgraded his cams to v3, and he says his v3s are unreliable - losing wifi, locking up, have to be factory-reset to work again, etc.

I tried to use the new free Cam Plus Lite service offered by the Founders, but person detection doesn’t work on my 3 V3 Cams!!! The Wizards tried a couple things to fix it but nothing worked. Person detection works with Cam Plus on the cameras so its not the camera.
I submitted logs as requested, but now the support ticket will be closed and I will get no more support for the problem. Per the Wizard:

My team here in support does not review your log or follow the progress. We’re working on developing a process so that we can track these logs on our end, but it’s still very much in progress. We hope to have the ability to receive more details from your log submissions sometime in the future.

• This request will be closed because we don’t have anything further we can do at this point.
  • This request will not be re-opened later.
  • Please keep an eye out for firmware and app updates. If the problem persists, please continue to submit logs with the new app and firmware versions.

Thanks for Nothing Founders!!! Maybe its time you Wyze-up and provide real Support!

Hi folks!

Just wanted to drop a small note. Our devs have been hard at work over the past week and have added support for Wyze Cam v1 to Cam Plus Lite. Owners of Wyze Cam v1 can now opt in to gain Person Detection and retain their cloud video storage! :pray:

9 Likes

Way to go. Good to hear.

2 Likes

Thank you! thumbsup

1 Like

Instead of completely doing away with cloud storage at the free tier, what about setting a rolling 24 or 48 hour expiration instead of 14 days? Or for those that have paid for Lite or Plus, the ability to manually reduce the recording retention?

I get way too many of those unwanted bugs / blowing trees notifications that don’t need to be using up cloud storage. I used to delete them all, but that ended up being a time sink and I gave up. I wouldn’t mind having some cloud storage though for those recordings that contain actual content that I want to review - and that provides a safety net incase of theft (in which case an SD card isn’t going to help much).

That’s a great idea for addressing the objection I raised about those who will only discover this new setup after they go to check for footage of a burglary etc.

I wonder what the cost issue really is? The storage space used or the processing of every uploaded clip?

It would be a combination of both I suppose but one must be more of a burden.

AI processing by far, which is why I thought this would never happen.

Quite likely but the free tier (without Cam Plus / Lite) shouldn’t have much, if any, AI processing. So in that case it should pretty much just be the cost of storage.