We’re Giving Wyze Person Detection to All Users at Whatever Price You Want - 1/11/22

“Ackshually” the voice is independent of the name / wakeword. “Ziggy” can speak with the female voice and "Alexa* with the male voice if desired. Even more fun when you change her accent.

1 Like

Just to stay on topic, @WyzeJimmy has not replied to my last PM, Wyze has not mentioned anything in anyplace I have checked about what they claim is a small number of customers who may experience account related glitches such as showing they already have cam lite, but no ability to select or un-select cams, or various lite options missing or “stuck” - apparently we are now the lost tribe of cam lite.

Now onto the voice thing. About a decade ago we moved to Oslo for my wife’s assignment at company HQ for 8 mo. So I loaded up a Euro map on our garmin GPS and for fun I tried out some local voices when we’d take a trip. If it was too confusing I’d go back to British English just to keep the flavor of being abroad. I recall being in Denmark and some really long convoluted road names would totally mess up the ability to pronounce so it would spell out the name, by the time it finished, we be right on top of the turn, thankfully I never ran into traffic outside of Copenhagen.

1 Like

Hi all! Please update your Wyze app to the newest version, 2.29.1, and it should fix the Android issue where Add Cameras disappeared. We’re continuing to research the “Camera bound with other service” error, but for now you can fix this with a complete camera factory reset and setup.

3 Likes

It works! Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the PM and update!

2 Likes

So this morning the thumbnails for my WCO seem to be being held hostage. If I click on a thumbnail instead of opening up I get a popup box saying I can get videos back for free…ya dah, ya dah… Then I have to click “Learn more” which takes me to a Youtube video, or “opt in” which I am afraid to click on because I don’t want to be signed up or I can click the X in the top right corner to close the box. But the box pops right back up as soon as I click a thumbnail. So I Can Not even view thumbnails now, Come On Wyze stop pushing the CPL or CP, if/when I want it I’ll sign up.

Now give me back my ability to view my thumbnails.

So sorry about this - we’ll issue a fix in the next app update. Please tap on the right side of this to view your thumbnail until that update releases.

Wyze Jimmy, Thank you, that does work. Hope the fix is soon.

Maybe you can answer some questions I have that still remain unanswered from another post.

On my WCO: I have an SD card in it and in the Base. I don’t have CP or CPL. I get thumbnails on the cloud that I can view in the Events tab. Question 1: What is supposed to be recording on the SD card that is in my cam, Thumbnails, videos, both? Question 2: If I sign up for CP or CPL will I still get back up recordings on the SD card in my base? Read something in some thread that that feature may be lost if I had any of the CP subscriptions.

Time Lapse videos and Scheduled Recordings go to the camera’s SD card. Continuous recording is not supported because it is a battery camera.

The SD card in the Base is used to back up Event clips sent to the cloud. Unfortunately this capability is not compatible with Cam Plus. I do not know about compatibility with Cam Plus Lite.

1 Like

I bought several 128gb Wyze MicroSD cards along with the new Wyze Cam v3, the Outdoor Cam v2 and Pan Cam v2. However, it appears that the only one that supports 128gb is the Cam v3. The shop listing had no mention of that and I found this article from back in January stating that support will be rolled out to other cameras soon and we are almost halfway through 2022. Could you please prioritize the support of exFAT and state on your shop listing to better guide customers to purchase the right kind of microSD card for their device?

Good morning

4 Likes

Okay, this is kind of concerning to read from Verge . So essentially they release the new cam v3 Pro which circumvents the cam plus lite people chose to get for free and forces us to pay for cam Plus in order to get Cloud stored video?
Are they going to eventually phase out the version 2 and the version 3 and then we are screwed having to pay for cam Plus regardless?

“How the Wyze Cam v3 Pro will work with its subscription service. It is not compatible with Cam Plus Lite, and subscribing to Cam Plus is the only way to get cloud-stored video.”

As a dedicated “Lite” user I’m somehow okay with that? If they are losing money providing perpetual “free” services based on a one time purchase, it’s in their existential interest to change things around. Perhaps they’d have to jack up the price another $10 or something to make CamPlus Lite feasible on the new camera.

I do have to agree that it’s not a good look though - it further muddies an already confusing array of Wyze service and feature options. I suppose another way to go would be to disallow $0 Lite subscriptions. :frowning:

1 Like

Wyze confirmed person detection is free on the V3 pro btw.

1 Like

The old Legacy person detection was only for cams before the V3, and was free. For the V3 you had to subscribe to Cam Plus to get person detection.

When the cloud storage costs became too much, they introduced Cam Plus Lite to replace the legacy person detection. That was now for the V3 and earlier, and brought person detection to the V3. You could pay $0 for the service, so it could still be free.

Enter the V3 Pro. As a new offering, it is again not covered by any legacy options, so it only does cloud thumbnails without Cam Plus. However, it does have a version of person detection built into the firmware, and my understanding is that works even with thumbnails.

To get videos you just add an SD card set to continuous recording. Then the thumbnail event on the Events tab will give you a button to go to a video version on the SD card. That video version can last for hours if you have continuous recording turned on, and gives you videos that can be accessed from anywhere in the world with person detection – without Cam Plus. :slight_smile:

So if you want videos without a SD card, or a more robust version of person detection, then you can get Cam Plus. But the capabilities are both available for free on the V3 Pro as outlined above.

I realize that but my point was and as Verge pointed out the person detection is only available baked into the camera with an SD card, which is fine but my point was that those who decided to sign up for cam plus light either with a one-time payment or for free do not get that option.
So while they are out or away from their home they cannot check the cloud-based recordings.
To me wise intentionally made this camera so that it’s circumvents those who subscribed to cam plus light hoping that they will be enticed by a brand new camera with a higher resolution at the cost of signing up for cam Plus.

I don’t think an SD card is required for person detection. Just to get videos.

They can still see the SD card from anywhere in the world.

Only thing to add is that (somewhat inexplicably) there is still a 5 minute “cooldown” for these locally detected and locally stored videos.

True, the notifications are every 5-minutes without Cam Plus, but the local video is continuous.

Hmm, anybody know if subscription-less V3 Pros will still be able to generate Amazon person announcements?