We’re Giving Wyze Person Detection to All Users at Whatever Price You Want - 1/11/22

I agree they could have / should have mentioned the period. I only learned of it on this forum. But surely you recognize carver’s point that if two events are 13 seconds apart, and there is no cooldown period at all, then you have immediately granted everyone unlimited cloud recording. So there has to be some blocking period. (Five minutes does stink though. You get what you pay for.)

1 Like

Sorry for a clueless question, but here goes:
In my Account, under Services, it says:
Cam Plus Lite (PD Legacy)
Am I correct in thinking I need not do anything, and I will be migrated to the new Cam Plus Lite? I’m confused because I get a pop-up asking me to subscribe.
I also have an SD card in the camera.
Thank you.

1 Like

Pretty sure that IS the new service and you’re already on it. Needs to be toggled on at each camera too.

1 Like

OK, I guess I misunderstood the app completely.
Under “Services” it says “Cam Plus Lite (PD Legacy)” with an arrow to expand.
The next page says “Cam Plus Lite (PD Legacy) Which camera would you like to enroll in Cam Plus Lite? Cam Plus and Cam Plus Pro devices will not appear here.” It then has my camera, which I’ve labeled as Front Door, with a blank toggle oval. When I touch that oval, a box pops up saying "Whoops! Looks like you don’t have Cam Plus Lite Lock in helpful features such as . . . Name your price . . . "
So I gather I would have to subscribe. Sheesh, I’m a lawyer for 44 years, read complicated documents every day. But this thing beats them all!

2 Likes

Mid-December, our legacy person detection was allowing v3s and pan cam v2. It was sudden glory. Then some updates came after this announcement. Now the PD does not work on v3s and pan cams, as far as I can see. Yes, all my settings are straight just no detections at all.
I see where wyze knows this is an issue. Is there any hint as to when this will be fixed and v3s and pan cams will start working with the camplus lite again? This thread is an estimated 2 hours of reading… I am not sure if it’s mentioned or not. Just hoping for good news about a SOON resolution on this front.

Thanks again folks.

1 Like

Sorry I can’t be specific. I was auto-enrolled because I had legacy person detection. Supposedly you hit the big link at Home Monitoring & Security Services - Wyze Services and name your price / $0 for Lite. I’m sure someone else can help with the right instructions.

A bunch of people have been having problems that Wyze is working on. Perhaps you fall in this camp?

1 Like

Mid december, they just magically got added to my legacy person detection. I was trying to help some dude on FB a couple weeks ago, late night, looked at my own cams, and not one v3 or pan cam had any history of pd. That was a couple of weeks ago. I sent some logs in and jimmy from FB said thanks a lot and some stuff, that’s the last I heard about it. This all includes 8 brand new cams the trials ended, then they’re giving me nothing in regards to alerts. My v2s still work with legacy PD, but this lite is not working with any v3s of pan cams. I feel like it’s firmware related considering there’s been a few updates since mid dec. No replies from support, no replies from anyone.

Okay, well you’re supposed to be on updated everything, although I am not. (Still very old V2 firmware and essentially no app; I use TinyCam 99.8% of the time.). Good luck. They are supposed to be cutting off all old firmware this month or next.

My husband is the main person on our account via his email. He shares the cameras with me - I set up a separate account with my email. We already have signed up several cameras for cam plus. Will I have access to the same cam plus benefits as he does through his account or do I have to sign up for cam plus lite and pay separately? I’m confused. thanks.

Interesting question. Don’t quote me but I think a given camera can only be on one plan at a time. If a camera is on CamPlus it can’t also be on CamPlus Lite.

Also, Lite is always available for all cameras per account, while CamPlus is purchased per camera. I can’t really speak to the sharing aspects.

This is true

1 Like

I told you not to quote me!

:wink:

2 Likes

To be fair, that was when you weren’t sure you were right…(ie: implication of “don’t quote me because I might be wrong, but if I was right, I’d be okay with it”) so when Jason said you WERE right, it retroactively trumped your implication to imply you could be quoted with his qualifier :smiley:

But truly that was an awesome funny reply

2 Likes

I didn’t quote that part :grin:

3 Likes

Aww, just noticed you’ve lost both your Wyze tags AND your honorary Gwendolynization. Sorry to be so hard on you in a low point. :frowning:

2 Likes

He did a great job, an awesome job really, keeping people informed and checking on things while he was asked to help out and cover there for 3 weeks, but on the bright side, we have our Gwendolyn back, so we’re all happy about that part of it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You have no options as a shared user. You can’t apply a Cam Plus license, nor control his. It is up to him.

But as a trusted individual in the same household, you can share the main account’s user ID & password, which would give you all the privileges as the main account. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ouch, lol. :joy:

1 Like

I see - so shared users have no rights - I can only use the same id and password to have access. the negative of that is that if you are both looking at it at the same time, it causes issues. and we also have a wyze scale where you put in your own personal information. i wish they would make sharing within the household easier. thanks for answering the question.

3 Likes

You looking at the SD card at the same time causes issues, but it is better than the shared user not being able to look at the SD card at all. :slight_smile:

As for the scale, you may want to vote for this, so you can go back to being a shared user. Not sure how this will affect Cam Plus, tho: