We’re Giving Wyze Person Detection to All Users at Whatever Price You Want - 1/11/22

Yes but you’ve missed my point.

The people who will lose out, the ones I am talking about, are those who unknowingly fail to take action now, and come to find their Events missing when they need to check them later. Whether they miss the news, or changed their mail address, or neglect to opt in, or don’t have the time, or don’t understand the terms and how they apply to them.

As others have written, the people who happily installed Wyzecams and check them ONLY on the rare occasion they need to - an item went missing, or there was an accident, or a burglary, etc. Unlike us weirdo forum dwellers, most normal customers aren’t even thinking about their cameras for huge stretches of time.

So those customers are going to go looking for who took their wallet off the table 6 months from now, and will find there is no Event video to be had. They will have lost.

And many of them will NOT have installed an SD card either. They will have lost.

Regarding your "people wanted to turn off cloud Events but retain notifications* theory I have 3 thoughts - 1. I’ve been here quite a while and don’t ever recall seeing that complaint. 2. I expect it’s a vanishingly small subset of people. 3. Why would someone who doesn’t want their video stored in the cloud be okay with clear image thumbnails of the exact same video… being stored in the cloud?? It’s not even solving this narrow edge case.

I agree that extending person detection to everyone is a great thing but let’s not gloss over the absolute fact that many unwitting Wyze customers are about to lose out.

3 Likes