We need scheduling 🙌🏽

Similar to my issue. I am using Wyze Sense Contact and Motion Sensors to trigger a Wyze Bulb on my carport, but I only want the sensors to trigger the bulb at night, not during the day. Right now, the bulb turns on 24/7. I have the same issue (no time control) with several other things I am doing with Wyze Sense devices.

2 Likes

Did you vote? See Loki’s reply to me above with link.

Same here…refer to Loki’s reply to me above and vote

Not yet

1 Like

Oh yeah, voted already. Thanks!

1 Like

If the plastic is very opaque, 1 or 2 layers of electrical tape will block any LEDs

Ok what about having a time frame for the events to work in , sort of like an event window .

Example : from 00:00 to 08:00

Disable events : lights turning on with sensor activation .

My dogs keep walking around at time . :sleepy:

Lol darn min pins have too much energy :joy:

Are the changes today supposed to be the solution for this? Scheduling, rules OR triggers? I was envisioning something more like this:

Okay so I lied in earlier post…guess I am holding ST up as the benchmark.

1 Like

I’m hoping this is a first step. I got excited when I saw I could add an end time to a scheduled rule. But, I set it to turn on at 7 pm and “end” at 4 am, it said you can’t have an end time before a start time. :pensive:
Also, I was hoping the new “shortcuts” would allow you to group the existing rules into a single entry.

1 Like

Same here. If something is “intuitive and easy” then why have multiple people (myself incl.) only discovered Shortcuts after entering forums? Shortcuts is a not-good name imo. Also, no documentation…YouTube walk-throughs with different scenarios. How is WYZE communicating with the general population?

1 Like

Speaking of…take note of Accounts —> Rule History

1 Like

Thanks Shay. Will do

1 Like

Yep . Switched out the plug that already has it and put some on the plug and put it under a table . Thx

1 Like

I know that one or more shortcuts can be created for a Wyze smart plug. But shortcuts are executed manually. while achedules can be automated. Can I create multiple schedules for a Wyze smart plug so that the plug can be turned On/Off automatically several times a day, based only on the time of day (not an event)?

1 Like

Yes, you can do that using the Rules feature of the app (formerly called Shortcuts). You can find info on creating rules here: Support Site. (The site is under revision and that’s why I’m not posting a direct link to the subject since it may not work by the time you click it.)

5 Likes

Thank you. Based on your reply, I found how to set multiple schedules for the plugs. You do a great job as Moderator.

5 Likes

Thank you. Appreciate the kind words.

2 Likes