We need scheduling 🙌🏽

Wyze plugs need to have scheduling enabled . Not simply on and off .

Tp-link plugs can schedule on and off .

Very important .

Google assistant is not designed to easily schedule .
Good artist mimic great artist steal . Steal their schedule design you have the answer and blue print right there.
How’s not the time to be modest.

The advantage is that wyze plug won’t have and annoying light blinding me at night . Wyze is very mindful of enabling the ability to turn off LED indicator lights unlike tp-link whom hard wire their LED’s :sleepy:.
The only place to plug in my fan is next to my bed the tp-link switch shines blue light in my face and I can’t get sleep like the episode of sponge bob where Squidward Kept being awaken by the bobs

1 Like

You will be able to schedule the plugs by using the Shortcuts feature in the app, just as you can schedule other Wyze devices. For more info on how Shortcuts work, see the help sections of the Support link, top right.

2 Likes

True but would like time of day AND event not just OR triggers to avoid lag in IFTTT or routine through Alexa or google home. That’s the advantage to my other options right now. In ST I can set both and still process locally.

I think you’ll want to hop over and vote for and/or comment on this #wishlist topic:

1 Like

Will the scheduling function of the smart plugs allow only one (1) ON/OFF schedule, or will it allow multiple ON/OFF schedules? And if multiple schedules are allowed, how many schedules are possible?

Since we don’t have the plugs yet, I don’t know if they will have multi-period schedule within their own app settings (the cameras do not).

However, with the use of Shortcuts, you will be able to set up multiple on/off periods per day or per week.

1 Like

Thanks. I thought the use of Shortcuts could be used. I’m trying to compare the utility of the new smart plugs with that of a digital lamp timer that allows multiple ON/OFF schedules and with some randomness as well. In this way, some of the Wyze smart plugs could be deployed to schedule lamp cycles (independents of other Wyze events and as a replacement for digital timers) while another set of smart plugs would be operated through events triggered by sensors.

Thank you! it looks like I already have although I don’t remember lol…I found all those wishlists recently and got vote happy. Some really great ideas out there.

1 Like

I definitely want a schedule option and not have to create 12 shortcuts for 1 device, for one 24 hour period. I’m thinking I’d like to be able to schedule the pool pump to run for 1 hour and shut off for 3. (It retains more heat that way and still circulates enough to keep the water crystal clear!) Or at the very least, add programmability to the already available vacation mode!

2 Likes

The VOTE button changes to VOTED if you have voted on a #wishlist topic.

1 Like

Could you place some electricians tape on the blue light? Or find some way to cover it? Not trying to get you to not buy Wyze gear, but in the interim is there a temp fix for the blinding blue light?

2 Likes

The Automation shouldn’t be so Nested how many levels do I have to go through to schedule a light? It’s kind of funny . If one presses the Automation button it should populate the time of day and event options under the switch .

Maybe I’m too particular but it took me until now to know the feature is there. It seems kind of hidden.

Have the team look at Tp-links scheduling , and the fact it is called scheduling and not automation, combining too many concepts might make Wyze too niche .

Some things to consider . Hope this is constructive and helps the team .

Thanks .

1 Like

Yes, thanks. It looks like I voted for several items and will be interested to see if anything makes it. Although I do feel that point in particular is a must have and will have to find out more before diving in on future items.

I think we are splitting hairs here. Plus in TP Link it is just scheduling. You can’t use an event in order to use the term automation. Wyze has done similar to SmartThings which makes sense. Not that I’m holding ST up as the end all, be all.

Yeah, I’ve done that . And bought some Wyze plugs :slight_smile: . I’ll take the tp-plugs and use at least one to control my monitor speakers . So all in all everything will pan out . Thanks for the suggestion .

1 Like

Play around with shortcuts…they add so much more to the Wyze experience. Had fired off a salvo on this board saying what a shame it was that the lights had no scheduling. Had to eat my words and discover shortcuts…

1 Like

but you discovered it. and that’s whats important, and you got a snack out of it lol :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yeah but if it weren’t so hidden … oh well three days later and the internet is off to cancel the next person :sleepy::man_shrugging:t4:

It isn’t hidden , it’s all right in the support pages for you to read
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us

1 Like

Here’s my want, camera detects motion turns on bulb but only between 12 and 6am. I don’t think shortcut can do that.

1 Like