WCPV1-CamPlusSub - Events stopped recording for the past 3 days for no apparent reason

Hi folks - after 3 1/2 days, without touching or changing a thing.

I accidentally realized no events are being recorded - I did not know sooner because I had disabled notification. Today I wanted to view the past few days, I found out all those days were blank. That makes me so angry. How can users rely on this trash, whether it’s to do with fw, hw or both :frowning:

So I will assume then that your issue from last month on this WCPv1 was resolved and this is a new issue?

Because my WCPv1 issues from that thread have not yet been resolved. This is just a continuation of that issue. The motion event activation, AI tagging, and video length have all remained completely useless and not adhering to the CP features to which it is subscribed.

This is a new issue. The previous one is still never resolved but at least it was recording short event lengths, just not full length. This one doesn’t record events (period) for days now.

Mine was doing that with very sporadic 12s motion only and very rarely PD even under extreme direct testing. No updates from Wyze as to why.

Well… I left it unplugged over night. I plug it back this morning, and it resumed recording events. I have done anything else before or after.

How reliable is that?
This cam and app were untouched for days before this issue was discovered. Have I not decided to checkout the events recordings, this could have gone on forever without recoding events.

Might try the unplug overnight to see if that helps.

1 Like

Could be a network problem. Is your router old? What’s your internet speed? Is your internet realiable? Are you aware of the max devices limit in your WiFi?

@eliesk, I have posted this issue with the WCPv1 short recordings even though it is assigned to CamPlus to this month’s Fix-it Friday thread.

If you are still experiencing this issue, feel free to follow the link, like the post with a heart coin, and add your experience in a reply post (if you are so inclined).

3 Likes

Thank you, @SlabSlayer !

1 Like