WCO - Now I'm impressed!

Last night I upgraded the firmware on my WCO (v4.17.0.183) and then the base (v4.16.0.187). Today I am getting more events than ever. I caught a couple of squirrels and even insects flying past at high rates of speed. I am sure these things were walking and flying past the camera before, but just weren’t being captured. Like I said in the title, I’m impressed and am enjoying my WCO a bit more with each passing day.

I’ve complained here on the forum a few times. I figured I should share some good news when I observe significant improvements. My 2nd WCO is on the way and I am really looking forward to getting that up and running as well.

As a side note, I’m also patiently awaiting the arrival of my first V3.
Keep up the great work WYZE!

7 Likes

Don’t forget you can now use Cam Plus with your WCOs.
Note: this may cause the battery to drain faster than 6 months.

2 Likes

I am very well aware of that new functionality, but thank you for the friendly reminder. Cam Plus is nothing I want on this particular WCO as there is a flag in view at the very top of the viewing area. The flag is whipping around far more than at rest.

If I had Cam Plus on this WCO, I fear a squirrel or something else would trigger recording and then my flag whipping around would cause never ending recording. Which would obviously kill the battery very fast.

3 Likes