Watch not updating weather

Does anyone else have issues with the weather updating on watch. I find myself having to go back into the app turn off updates then on again. Not sure what the issue is had no problem with band updating

1 Like

Absolutely. My 47 watch can go many hours without updating weather until I happen to click weather in the app, As Iā€™ve asked before, how does the watch update weather, and can we push it to update on demand?

1 Like

Just noticed that this morning.

Not sure what day it is displaying weather for, says rainy on the watch and everywhere else says itā€™s going to be nothing but sunshine today.

Also, today is Wednesday and when swiping up it gives me Mon, Tues and Wed. I would expect Wed. on the first screen and Thurs, Fri, Sat as the forecast days.

ETA: and because they are so different I figured I would mention I have a 44.

Mine does not have stop watch.

I sort of wish I had this problem. I cannot seem to find a way to stop my watch from notifying me EVERY out what the weather is outside that I can already see. I would be super happy if it never notified me again.
I want to stop them until I ask for them.

I keep thinking I am getting a text message or notification of something important. Super frustrating. :frowning:

You can select what apps you get notifications for I switched off most of mine just call text and wyze notifications, works well.

Hmm. I donā€™t see anything abled for weather. I think its coming directly from the watch app. Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the hourly ( ish ) update for weather from the watch ?

Did you ever figure out how to have your watch stop informing you every hour the weather? Just got mine last week and has been doing it ever since. :frowning:

Iā€™ve never received a weather announcement and my weather only updates when it feels like it, mainly when I open the Wyze app on Android and tap Weather.

I was able to find it by accident, but I do not remember exactly what ā€˜appā€™ it was.
I went into :
Wyze Watch 47 app
Notification
Other Applications
Turned EVERYTHING off, then enabled only the things I knew I wanted.
I seem to remember it was a Google app or a Samsung app that was the issue.

Seems like going into the ā€œother Applicationsā€ and turning everything off except what I was positive I needed/wanted was the key.

In the main notification window I have all the standard stuff checked like :
Phone Call
Text Mesage
WyzeBeta
Facbook
Messenger
Gmail
Calendar
ect.

Hope that helps!!!
D

Iā€™m thinking itā€™s was the Google app. Iā€™ve turned that off and we will see.

Thanks!!

Has anyone figured out the original issue posted? Iā€™m still experiencing issues where the weather doesnā€™t update automatically and the Wyze Watch 47.

1 Like

No mine still doing the same, a lot of times even after syncing. I have to turn weather notifications then on again before it updates

You really have to wonder, if the weather is only correct immediately after you sync, then why bother having it on the watch at all? Just check it on your favorite weather app.

Just adding more threads or traffic to this blog in hopes to get this issue on the developerā€™s radar.

Iā€™ll revive this thread too, my 47 ceases to update the weather unless I enter the app and force sync things.

Even when I force sycn it doesnā€™t update for me . I found only sure way is to turn of automatic wether updates then turn it back on again, just donā€™t understand why my band updated no problem, why cant the just use the same code to donit on the watch