WARNING - Beware of "Wyze Test" Android app V2.6.371

It may be possible that some cellular data can get through paths and ports that are blocked or somehow more difficult for the broadband ISP.

2 Likes

I know that this is still being discussed internally but I donā€™t have further information at this time. Thanks for the data, folks!

ā€¦ Pun not intended but Iā€™m gonna keep it.

Just sat here for 30 minutes viewing live stream on wifi on IPhone. IOS 13.2.2, beta app 2.6.58. Viewing cams - 2 on firmware 4,9.5.35 and two just upgraded to 4.9.5.36.
So far, 20.2 mb of cellular used.
**Edited- turned off cellular for Wyze app and continued to view same cams. No more cell data used but seems like all of a sudden lots more reconnections and canā€™t reconnect errors.

1 Like

Be sure to submit a log for @NumberOne, and publish the ticket number here.

3 Likes

Submitted two on the reconnects. @NumberOne -tickets 38005 but going back to dig up the ticket nosā€¦looks like the second one didnā€™t go thru. ??

1 Like

I realize that @Newshound - i made this comment because there may be additional info in the earlier thread that possibly Wyze is not aware of.

1 Like

Am I the only one who canā€™t find the pun? :thinking:

It seems to be reproducible for everyone who tries it, so Iā€™m not sure if the logs are even necessary. But couldnā€™t hurt.

1 Like

Take another look ā€œdataā€ is the key word. :grinning:

2 Likes

Went right over my head as well. I am terrible at these :nerd_face:

1 Like

ā€œThanks for the date, a-folks!ā€? Like that? I have no idea.

I feel like Iā€™m usually good at them, but this one Iā€™m not getting.

Okay. This may help. The conversation was about cellular data leakage. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhh. Now I feel dumb. :slight_smile: Hahaha.

1 Like

Nah! Easy to miss that one. lol :rofl:

Haha. It was actually a good pun, too, it just sailed right over my head, even on closer inspection. It was driving me crazy.

2 Likes

Of course! Ah well I did say these usually went right over my head. LOL

2 Likes

Apparently this one was much more subtle than I expected! Sorry for the confusion. -laughs-

3 Likes

You have to careful- this kind of thing can come back to byte youā€¦:innocent:

1 Like