I’m considering using the Wyze Cam Outdoor as a very simple baby monitor, but I’m not exactly sure how it works since the WCO is battery powered. Here’s what I’m trying to accomplish:
- Place the WCO on a table and point at the baby.
- Open the app to play a live video-stream on a phone/tablet.
- I do not want any detection, notifications or any recording to SD card or the cloud. I only want live monitoring.
- This will only be during the daytime, so night-vision is irrelevant to me. My goal is to move around the house/yard/restroom while still being able to see & hear the baby.
- I’m not using a v2 or v3 for this because I’d like to move the WCO very easily from room to room, depending on where the baby is placed.
- Is this possible and reasonable?
- How long might a fully-charged WCO battery last while playing a live video-stream with audio?
- Is there a way to perform audio-only or video-only monitoring of the baby to extend the WCO battery-life?
Thank you for your help!