VROOM? V2? rc?

If i have to ask, then is it real?

3 Likes

It seems real to me. And much more practical than the Ring flying drone.

1 Like

I want a drone. Really see what’s in neighbors back yards. Really piss them off.

4 Likes

Come on only available April Fools Day?

6 Likes

Well they got my attention…a drone would be nice but the car works for me

1 Like

The bigger april fool’s joke would be if they really did have it to sell. Plausible as a product that I can’t see selling in high volume that they would do a limited run to be able to have some for themselves. For $50 sure I’ll bite.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about mounting my Wyzecams on my Wyze Vacuum… this would be so much better! Control was the one reason that I haven’t… wanted my vacuum to roam the house when I’m out so I can see what’s up in a particular room that didn’t have sufficient coverage! Driving there would be so much better!

3 Likes

From the ad: “This April 1st, we’re not pranking you”
Pretty lame if it’s still an April fools joke

4 Likes

be still my heart…could use to check for broken pipes under the house after the freeze

3 Likes

Is it truly just the V2 cam that works with this alleged VROOM? Since I’m replacing all my PanCams with V3s, it would be great if the V3 also worked…

1 Like

Hmmm this would be great to roam around my goat pastures and check on my baby goats while they’re out. I hope it is real I will be buying one

2 Likes

If it is real, promise to upload a video! :wink:

2 Likes

It’s a joke and prank to generate brand hype. In the email/wording they mention something about what they need to do with all the old Wyze v2. But, it doesn’t come Wyze v2 so that’s clue 1. Clue 2 doesn’t indicate how one can control both camera AND car from a phone w/o either internet and/or cellular network linked to camera and car.

1 Like

The car could have a hotspot and you’d connect the phone directly to it.

1 Like

Yes that could work, but at an intro price of $49.99 for Gen 1…not confident that’d be true

I might wait until Gen 2 so that all the bugs will be worked out.

We all wish. It’s very possible, although I did not read the specs. If it isn’t real I’m willing to bet they are looking at something like this.

I hope it’s real. I want to see if I could use one to give my ferrets ride on.

3 Likes

I have been trying to do this exact same thing. I have some old wyze 2.0 camera’s and have been trying to get them hooked to a pieced together andrino controlled car. $50 is about the price that I’ve spent on parts.
So, as far as price, it’s certainly do-able.

1 Like

I built a version of this years ago with an rc tracked vehicle and a 2.4ghz camera transmitter
It worked and was very fun
Roaming the basement or the back yard at night
I hope it’s real