View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I would also like to see a pc web viewer available. This is the most important thing missing from the Wyze cam, IMHO. Everything else regarding the Wyze cam is very good.

1 Like

I would also like a pc web viewer. And with simultaneous camera views if possible.

1 Like

Is PC app development a suitable project for crowd funding ?

1 Like

Yes to HTML! Despite the quibbling above, this approach makes perfect sense to me. An HTML5 web interface would work on almost all devices and operating systems. The camera is great, but why can’t I use it from a plain old computer???

I can think of two bad reasons for the mobile-device-only approach: 1) “Everybody does everything from their phones, don’t they?” 2) The company wants more control over the users., via the proprietary app. I hope these aren’t true.

I hate to make this a rant. I really like the camera, but I won’t buy any more, and I won’t recommend them, if I can’t use them more easily. Why can’t I just log in from my dad’s computer, or a Linux box at work, or even a coffee shop in the Bahamas, etc? The World Wide Web is a great system.

7 Likes

Add to the vote for a desktop version with the ability to see multiple cameras. Please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I also want to support the idea of a Windows app to see my cameras on my PC.
Also, being able to watch my cameras from browser is a better idea for me since I would be able to watch them from Linux too.

BlueStacks and other Android emulators are not a good solution for me since I already work with other virtual machines on my PC that consume almost all my RAM, so I cannot run both virtual machines at the same time.

So please developers, give us a desktop/browser app :slight_smile:

1 Like

@StreetWyze

There are lots of geeky maker types in the world. I’d like to poke at this.

When you are connected to a cam and it is live streaming, there must be protocol and stream address the app connects to. Can you share with us how that is formatted?

Similarly, when pulling recorded video from a cam, what is the format of the address, and how do you specify what time/date you wish to view?

Thank you!

Vaughn

Desktop, come on guys it would be so useful, I am going to have to purchase something that will work with my PC now!

1 Like

Just one more vote for a some way to access using windows 10

ya i agree… some way of accessing cameras on computer. right now I use my iphone but work on a pc all day… Thank you

1 Like

Please let me know when you get the app for Windows.

1 Like

Plus 1 on PC HTML viewing. Im getting old, and phone viewing is not as fun. Plus I would like to grab images directly from my wyze and put it on my weather station.

Another vote for a web app! This will satisfy all the Win/Mac/Linux users.

Ever try BlueStacks android emulator for your PC? It should work fine with the Wyze app video on your PC. Sounds like others here tried it. I haven’t yet.

Yes I have. I installed it after my post (but I stand by my request to have a Windows native application for the WYZE cameras). I have had absolutely no problem with BlueStacks, works great.
That being said, I believe it is another level of OS on top of Windows, kind of like installing “Windows” on a Mac. Yeah, I did that too.
Thanks jasontyba.
And, I now own 4 WYZE cameras because BlueStacks does indeed provide me the Windows OS support.

Just hooked up cams. Is there no way to monitor on pc? Mobile only?

No, only the Android and iOS apps are supported at this time. I have heard that they are looking into the possibility of providing desktop viewing support.

this method works pretty good. Plus you can view multiple cams at once…

Unfortunately using ios, but thanks.

Ha! Thanks for the tip OMJ, it works ok with multiple instances.