View On PC/Browser

maybe-later

I would be willing to develop the windows app if i could get specifications on the video feed and alerts etc.

I posted this elsewhere but also wanted to make sure you all had access to this. :slight_smile:

I asked the dev team about this feature and was told that it’s a resource and priority issue (we have stuff like improving Playback, getting RTSP out, and simultaneous streaming that are in the works now). Once RTSP is implemented, people will be able to view their Wyze Cams on their computers. But we’re still paying attention to the votes and interest levels.

This is why others pay more for a camera system.

I like Wyze Cam, but the lack of outdoor and pc/mac viewing is really starting to question my purchase. It it is hard to monitor your house and make calls from a phone at the same time, along with poor quality of recording shooting through windows at night.

These issues have been troublesome for many. At what point does Wyze Cam make it a priority to correct this for its clients?

It does take time to develop, test, and produce. It will be well worth it once complete and probably then some. As far as quality of recording through windows at night, they are working on the ability to turn IR off and keep night mode on as I recall @Loki mentioning.

Looks like this particular feature (although very popular) is currently tagged as “maybe-later”

maybe-later - This isn’t on our internal roadmap at this point but we’ve seen and considered it. Sometimes features that we plan to implement later but haven’t come up in the pipeline are in this category.

This particular feature isn’t in the pipeline yet but the night vision control is currently in testing. @kpitzer06, thank you for your perspective. I will share it with the team. I apologize for not having an answer for the point at which this would become a priority (I’m not part of the dev team so I have limited visibility there).

well it’s no fun if you are going to edit your posts… can’t have a good discussion with those rules.

Lol. The only thing I took out is it was in development as I thought it was haha.

So you got a $20 million infusion into your company and you can’t hire 1 programmer to fix the lack of a Windows application. What / where did all that money go?

“We are looking into possibly adding this later” - Later is Now.

I cannot answer for Wyze, but I would assume that a lot of the money went towards production to maintain the level of supply versus demand.

3rd party apps on pc

I totally agree with what u said. At this point I would of rather kept my money than have these cameras.

What so many don’t realize is that not many of us can install things like an emulator on a company owned PC. It is one thing to use a browser to view a camera but start installing programs that may or may not be safe on someone else’s laptop or desktop and you may have to sell the cameras to support your family. They need to come up with a way to view in a browser like so many of the other camera in the same price range. I will not buy another one until they do.

When buying “new technology” it’s best to pay a little more for ease of return. Then you could have gotten your money back.

I find MANY things that Wyze does as insufficient for my needs, But for $20 they are more than sufficient for my wallet.

And the “Community Support” is far better than several other digital camera support forums I’ve been acquainted with over the decades.

When I bought I knew it was android/ios only. Yes, I’d like PC support (linux would be great), solar battery powered weatherproof enclosures with long range routers, and USB storage
with terabyte drives. But that probably isn’t happening soon, especially for $20.

I bought a Wyzecam to play with and see if it fits my needs. Unfortunately, without the desktop app (OS X or universal browser-based) it doesn’t. If I just wanted to check the current view every now and again, it would likely be OK, but I usually need to monitor it for 10-20 minutes at a time, and doing that on my iPhone simply doesn’t cut it. Besides the effect on my battery, staring at the phone screen means not being able to do anything else–but having an open application on one of my computers means I can keep an eye on it while doing other things.

I do similar, I often want to watch for deliveries. I put my phone next to my laptop monitor and just glance over. Sometimes I run a USB cord from my laptop to my phone and charge it at the same time. With the motion alert it works very well.

Yes, please.

I have a server with iSpy running hooked up to a NAS device that would be perfect for continuous recording and OpenALPR(License Plate Rec.).

+1 for this feature. Please also include snapshot capability via URL.

I’m surprised we don’t have a no frills version of this app but I can imagine the team is hard working on this. I too leave my phone plugged in at work and monitor for deliveries.

At Home I purchased a $80 10" android tablet to leave on and hooked into a power block. This works for us as we can glance over at the monitor when we hear the notification .