View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I am having a little feedback problem with the audio and the mouse on my PC doesn’t seem to be able to control my phone but I have faith that they will work out any bugs with this program/app.

That’s a great app. I don’t need it for Wyze but has other uses for me.
For Wyze it would work good with an old phone or tablet that could be dedicated to the job.

As the guy that originally opened this thread, it’s really frustrating to see how poorly this development has been supported and how many folks have the desire for it.

I deal w/ software development every day and I’ve seen major developments come to fruition in less than this topic has been open.

From what I understand from nonWyze sources, it should be very simple to allow multiple cameras to be viewed even within the existing app. That would allow you to cast to a larger monitor or use a tablet.

I don’t recommend Wyze cams any longer.

1 Like

Um… I started this thread. But thanks for the input. :slight_smile:

I’m Spartacus! Seriously the first post in this current thread besides Gwendolyn is from @mark55 in November 2018.

Very likely multiple threads have been and continue to be combined here.

Er, that has been possible with Groups for a long time. Casting, not so much…

1 Like

Ooops. You are correct. I started one of the same before finding this one. Great minds! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

1 Like

We’re Spartaci :slight_smile:

I ended up using the RTSP fw and iSpy to view multiple cameras on a PC. Certainly not as stable as I would like, but I think that is as much as issue with my network and amount of cameras as it is the Wyze cameras.

1 Like

yes I like the others have been thinking about this many moons ago. and it only makes sense to be honest that you have a PC application for viewing your camera or setting it up. it would also help many people out there that want a camera but don’t necessarily have a smart phone. which i know it sounds kind of crazy but it’s really not. it would be very nice to be able to view on the PC. which wouldn’t have to be an application. it could be a web URL that was java based or whatnot… most importantly advertisement would be a nice key too. you could advertise on your product box that it supports windows and mac… which attracts attention. personally i am grateful for what wyze has done and what they’re doing so… thank you guys. you guys are doing a wonderful job and glad you have a page setup like this to where you can get feedback from us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i have been using the Wyze cam V2 for quite some time. and i’m waiting for the V3 to become available so i can purchase that one. but the only thing that’s a bummer is that you can’t see anything on the PC which would be nice. there’s many people that want to be able to view it on their PC with either an application, or a java based Website URL that you can go to to view the camera(s) and maybe change the settings similar to on the Mobile application.

1 Like

I’d like to see the entire ecosystem on my PC, just like the app. Change the thermostat, view the cameras, turn on the lights, etc…

i realize that the tech world is forcing people to use their phones for life (for whatever reasons), but as a person that still uses their PC from home, I’d definitely prefer this.

I have a Chromebook that will run android apps. When I FIRST started using my v2 I was able to install WYZE app…WHY is this no longer available?

Please be sure your web app can be hosted in a cross-domain IFRAME. We have browser based dashboards for our rental properties with the web interface of all the automation devices (electronic door locks, thermostats, power management, weather station, …). Putting them in HTML IFRAMEs allows us to build a complete web dashboard with views to all the on-site devices. Some vendors (Honeywell) specifically code their web interface to prevent being used in an IFRAME… I have no idea why.

Please add me to the list of up-voters!

I like these cameras to a degree. They aren’t as reliable as my hardwired cameras but these are way better positioned from a price point. My biggest issue is having to watch from the app. It is a super pain watching my store from home or vice versa from my little phone screen. I would like to be able to pull up my feed on a secondary pc screen and leave it up so I can watch. I tried the work around in the past but it was so glitchy I gave up. If I get a phone call or text I lose my ability to watch who is at my door or whatever I am watching. PC interface is a must have. The quicker the better!

2 Likes

I am jumping in this thread blind because this site is not what I would call user friendly… maybe by luck it is the right spot. As a product manager for a software and hardware manufacturer I have looked at few Product Management applications with roadmap and user voting capabilities which I think is a good thing.
But it would seem the PM/s of the Wyze product/s is/are not listening to the customer request effectively. This is the most popular thread and has the most views and votes from what I can see and was started in 2018? I like my cameras but this request seems to be a no brainer? If your approach to this is Pragmatic… there seems to be a problem to solve here that may increase a market share problem you effectively address with price point for home devices. IT departments including my own seem to be gravitating towards you but they all have one thing( problem)in common. They need the real estate to view all the cameras they are buying. I hope this is addressed soon.

3 Likes

Wyze, bring in a Windows programmer for 1 week to write an interface to a WEB BROWSER. So simple, and you have over 4200 votes for this very simple thing

1 Like

Just a thought…it could be related to financial concerns about additional cost of egress bandwidth out of Amazon. Amazon doesn’t charge for inbound but they do charge for data going out. There may be the thought someone will camp on full time with multiple cameras from a laptop/workstation. Not that this isn’t being done from phones and tablets already but probably significantly less than what a laptop/desktop user would do.

Sorry but I have to reply to this one. First off I agree that I wish Wyze had this solved already as I’m waiting for it too… but… I am a developer and saying “1 week with a Windows programmer” is so dismissive of what the scope of this problem may be. You need a WEB developer first to build the UI, second you have to build an HTTPS server with proper security and authentication into the device itself, then you have to ensure that it is capable of encoding the video stream into something a browser can make use of (Theora, H264, or VP8). All of those will require extensive firmware enhancements… so now do you have enough hard memory in the device to support the larger firmware? Is the processor in the camera capable of running this HTTPS server while also maybe having to transcode the native video format into the browser’s preferred format and stream it real-time all while still capturing and storing frames, doing motion detection, and everything else the camera has to do simutaneously.

I suspect that the reason this is taking so long is that they are finding themselves running into some kind of limit around one of those items, either hardware, or otherwise, and it’s proving to be a decent challenge. I can’t say for sure but as I mentioned, I too look forward to this being released.

2 Likes

This could be the problem. As it is Wyze can’t combine the existing firmware with RTSP capabilities because of mdmory limitations.

I believe Wyze is making a mistake by not letting us know what the problem is. It would be better to tell us than to let us believe they are simply ignoring the request.

As a founder of a software company since 1980 with 425 locations worldwide, I fully understand what is required, but you are trying to overcomplicate the process for a simple web browser interface. The components you mention are all long time industry standard protocols which are very well known, and do not have to be “invented”. All interface work is done at the SERVER, not the CAMERA (which simply sends and receives data streams.). All other cams have this simple capability, and Bluestacks and others prove that no camera hardware changes are required. It is just a simple fact that Wyze is very lacking in the programming department for anything but Android and Apple apps, and does not want to setup a server or use Amazon AWS to pass the streaming thru, despite having millions of cameras in the field. Make no mistake, I love Wyze and have literally dozens of their cams at three different locations, but having to monitor everything thru a cellphones tiny screen after all these years is truely disappointing. And, these protocols and security procedures are literally available off the shelf. It is just a matter of deciding whether to use a private server or AWS

1 Like