View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Were you replying to the right person? All he said was he considered it a toy when he bought it and not a security camera. That’s kind of an extreme reaction…

1 Like

I think you and @angus.black have a different opinion and it’s unfair to tell anyone they’re trolling when expressing an opinion on this thread.

No one is defending the want for this feature. Anyone that doesn’t align to your opinion does so with a perspective that you may not share with that person. It is exactly as I have implied - a “perspective” for the person that replies to your comments.

To give a little more perspective - I have 12 cameras with full web access and 24/7 recording. This feature will not benefit me, but will benefit you. But, like @angus.black, it started out as a toy for me and I built an infrastructure around it. I find his statement to be very factual.

Also - compare apples to apples. Four cameras, wired, an inferior CMOS, no advertised cloud infrastructure, and more are reasons why the ANNKE doesn’t work for many on this thread. It absolutely has it’s place, but it is not as easy and convenient as setting up a Wyze device.

Who gives a crap… I want the feature too and arguing against each other sure isn’t getting us any closer to fulfillment of that goal.

1 Like

When I first bought in to this System I was under the impression it would replace my current aging DVR system as cams failed. I was lead to believe the PC support was coming soon. I have been asking on the FB feed since 2017 when is the PC support coming. I always got the answer we are working on that. Finally I created an account here because they changed their tune. This really upset me considering I have spent thousands with this company only to see useless items released…

Here it is 3 years later and a couple thousand in hardware, now I am finding this system to be obsolete. Its been advertised as security across many ad platforms. When you build the system to fit your needs its just as expensive, but easier to set up. I should not have to buy an other cam platform just so I can have my driveways and entry doors displayed full time.

I am beating a dead horse. Got you 5 people saying its not necessary, the cams are too cheap, it s a toy and what not. No staff post about a definitive release or any intents to make this monitorable full time on a full sized screen other than one vague post.

I am salty because I feel like I was scammed. Guess I am not the only one salty I did receive a class action letter recently though.

I get it. You’re salty. It’s obvious. It is also perfectly fine to be salty and vent. It’s just not OK to do ad hominem attacks on members.

I personally think you need to re-read what I stated in my prior post versus your reply. I never once said it wasn’t necessary. Nor did I infer that it continued to be a “toy” for me as I bought 11 more after I researched and built a full security system. I have exactly what you want, but I approached it differently. I’m not stating your points are not valid but ultimately you need to put your dollars where you see and want value. I’m confident as Wyze re-implements the technical decisions that have encumbered this feature that this will eventually be here - but until then you can either buy something else, take destiny in your own hands, or vent and do nothing as long as we’re all being civil with each other.

And also - the class action lawsuit that I know of is around the data privacy issues and is currently in arbitration. If anyone thinks that legal maneuvers are the best way to solve this issue, then so be it. I can tell you from experience that this is so much further from the truth and the only real winner is the lawyers from a monetary position in 99% of the cases.

Why would you spend thousands of dollars on products that you knew, after the first one, that there wasn’t a web interface? What in your opinion, beyond this feature, has made the cameras obsolete? Why haven’t you considered a competitive product? I’m genuinely curious.

I am the one that is stopping a PC app? You’re giving me a lot of credit.
You asked who would buy a camera as a toy, I answered. You don’t like the answer but I am the troll?

I assume you’ve learned, buy what is available now, not what they are promising for the future. Wyze has never promised the feature, not in the forum anyway.

What are you trying to do? Convince me and 4 others that we need to vote for this feature? I already have, probably within the first month. I suspect the other have 4 also. Even a toy should have a Web interface. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After waiting, decided to move away from Wyze ecosystem. I have had sense failures and the lack of support for web during covid when I am stuck in front of a desktop all day is just not the greatest user experience. Firing up an emulator is a hack and resource intensive and inefficient. I was going to get the doorbell but instead paid a bit more for the nest one and oh boy is it better. Not only does it have web but you can have a PIP overlay, a mini window on top of all other apps with a cam feed - from a web app! That and much better AI and video quality are other key points. The Wyze assistant or chromecast / nest display integration never worked reliably for me. I guess you get what you pay for here, Wyze seems more focused on spraying out half baked products. I will keep my other little cams for areas I dont monitor or need to see all the time.

1 Like

Ever hear the quote, “the squeaky wheel gets the grease”? Things rarely happen unless there are lots of complaints.

Also, using that 10% rule, that is roughly 40 thousand that want that feature. Keeping in mind the vast majority never join, let alone read, these forums.

3 Likes

That’s a good point. How many frustrated users aren’t here in the forums. Most of them probably. Sad.

I use Bluestacks to vue my Cam V2 and Cam Pan. Got the Wyze Cam v3 and all it shows in Bluestacks is a black square. No video, but I see it authenticate.
Any ideas here?
Maybe a future Firmware update?

To add to the conversation, there is now one type of computer the (iOS) app can run natively on; an M1-based Mac:

5 Likes

great products for an even better price. its pretty much unmatched. I was browsing for a security system because of my home and car was being vandalized and had no clue who and why this was happening turns out it was an ex girlfriend. if there was a way to view the cams on my Mac and my television I dont think I would be able to come up with a single downside to these devices. well maybe if the pan cam had an outdoor version but thats it…

If you have a Fire TV device, you can view Wyze cameras on your TV using the Alexa skill. They will be subject to the same timeout (and lag) as if you were using an Echo Show, however.

As noted in the thread, if you have an Intel-based Mac, you could use an Android emulator like Bluestacks to run the Android app, and if you have an M1-based Mac, the current iOS app runs natively, with nothing additional required.

Well yeah and if we’re talking TVs again there is TinyCam for FireTV/sticks that (unlike the “show” command) will give you nearly full control of your Wyzecams on the TV, and without the Alexa limits.

I voted for this, would love to just log in to wyze website and see my cam on the PC to watch things while working.
Also, I have some smart things apps, I’d love to see the cams on the PC while changing commands of the smart devices on my phone.

Now just waiting for an M1 mac to support dual thunderbolt displays!

sorry for the delay (6 cameras)

Would love an option to do a grid view of multiple wyze cams simultaneously. Ideally a Windows application would be better suited but I can manage from tablet or Android smart TV to accomplish same goal.

Welcome to the forum.

You can set up camera groups in the Wyze app snd view 4 at a time in landscape.
A good option for Android TV is the tinyCam app. There is lots of info on this and other forums on how to set up tinyCam with Wyze cameras.

3 Likes

For Windows 10 I use Bluestacks.
works fine for multiple Wyze cams. But… my new Wyze Cam v3 only shows black, other cameras show just fine.
Would like Wyze to fix that. Don’t know how to contact their support.

Doug