View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

That sucks.

A more specific answer please? A target date would be nice.

That sucks TODAY.

3 Likes

I realize I’m coming in late, and there are a ton of replies to wade through here but it’s now November 2020… Is this feature to use a browser or PC app to see my cams ever coming ? I’ve used many other cams that could do this so very surprised that Wyze does not have this. Personally I would not care if I had to download a windows or mac app versus just use a browser if that was easier from a development perspective. I had a need to use my PC to watch my camera for some workmen while I’m in the basement and using the app constantly was becoming an issue… so searched around the site like 20 times after I logged in to see where I can use the PC and now I’m here.

2 Likes

Dear Wyze, I find it almost comical that you have so many demeaning and even threatening emails and Reddit post about the Desk Top App Issue. Sure, I would use it if yo had it, but instead of grumbling about it I choose to be appreciative that you have given me and thousands of others the opportunity to have excellent products at a fair price. I have already bought and order so many of your products and everyone has been great. This was just note to say Thank You!

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

The only way this is gonna become a reality is if we keep on them and show them this is an important feature. In the meantime there are other cams for about the same price, they just dont work on your phone.

Literally the funniest post I’ve seen today! Made me spit out my drink when I read it! :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

How will we get the functionality if we don’t ask for it ? And maybe there were some that were like this, but not sure how you can call my forum note demeaning or threatening when they clearly have a product gap. Wyze makes great products and I’ve bought several products from them as well but I have had two other cam apps that I can use either on a browser or with a mobile app and I know there are more cam solutions in the marketplace like this. It’s not much to ask at all and the fact that this is a two year thread with a lot of announcements saying it’s coming and TON of comments and upvotes asking for this feature is more than surprising considering how good they are elsewhere.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, Wyze seems to be pushing new products and in the mean time hoping that ‘good enough’ will suffice for existing products… I, personally hope this is not so. Many startup companies stumble as they grow but usually self-correct and by doing so grow to substantial success.

Listen to your base Wyze, they and they alone will write your future

2 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen - any updates?

1 Like

The silence is so very loud

2 Likes

There will not be any further update at the moment. They addressed this during a recent “ask me anything” session and while I was there there were only a few people who were very keen on getting this answer.

Their basic response was that they had to make changes to their cloud environment to support this type of application and they needed the right people to make the cloud changes. These things were now in place and early next year they would have the cloud change after which the PC or browser viewer would be possible. No commitment on when but only that it would be coming.

1 Like

We definitely need web browser viewing .

Not sure pc app is needed as long as web viewing is enabled .

Get BlueMail for Android

2 Likes

I agree on the browser statement though since that covers a lot more ground, but I’ll take a dedicated desktop app if it’s more difficult or time consuming to enable this via browser. For example, speaking as someone who works with developers and does some light touch dev stuff, some things can be easier or more straightforward with a standalone app versus dealing with browsers.

I think “excellent” is a huge stretch. They may say 1080 but the video quality on at least v2 is crap.

But what do you expect for $20

1 Like

At this point, I would settle for at least a web interface to login and use download links. This would let me watch the Wyze cloud videos on my computer. I could write a script using ffmpeg to mash the videos all together. OR maybe an interface to submit a time slot to download the videos as one, merged video.

I have used 3 different camera brands and they all had a web interface.

I understand from the AMA that the current infrastructure can not support desktop playback. Can we at least have a way to download our files from the cloud? Especially considering a live/playback browser version is at least 1-2 years out.

1 Like

The most recent update removed the ability to sort by person detection. Just like ring they are looking for ways to nickel and dime you. If they ever give a PC app or chrome extension I am certain they would find a way to make you pay for it and at a per camera rate. At about 50 cams it would been expensive.

I have been using multiple old phones for a monitoring solution. Now only one device at a time can work. Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, Probably intentional. Its like they are trying to push people off this platform.

Headphones, a vacuum a scale and a watch have nothing to do with cameras. I am fire hot about the most recent app update. I think I need to move on. Its not like one product they have is their own creation anyways. Everything is a Xiomi rip off. Slightly cheaper and just as buggy. I had them years ago.

1 Like

Not really. They’ve locked the button for some unknown reason but the ability to use the Person filter is still there. Tap on the filter icon (funnel) and scroll down past the list of cameras.

Ok, Wyze can do headphones, a scale, a lock, a 3rd gen camera, and a sprinkler controller and NOT GIVE US THIS???

3 Likes

That’s correct. They never told you they were giving you this. They’ve never promised it. They only hinted that they would “look into it”. You bought what you bought.

The app for the phone is a marketing tool for them in case you had not noticed. They shove advertisements down your throat every time there’s an update.