View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Arlo has a really nice web portal

Nest has a web portal as well, Now there is a major cost difference….

1 Like

I don’t really want a web portal, I want to be able to view the cameras live on my PC without connecting to the internet – so over my network ideally. A web portal would be a bonus but not mandatory in my view.

2 Likes

What he said ^^^, that’s exactly what I want. Don’t need a portal.

1 Like

We need this ASAP. I’m glad to see you are at the researching stage, we need a ETA though. Once this feature is available, I would definitely consider getting more products…

1 Like

I would love WYZE to develop an app for Windows and Apple desktops. This way it would give another way to monitor and get notifications for our cameras that we purchased.

I absolutely agree. It’s my understanding that the cameras will still record without internet with the SD card set to 24/7. But you have to pull the SD card to view it even if your Wi-Fi is working great without the internet you got to do it old school.

I downloaded Bluestacks to view my WYZE cams on my Windows desktop. You log into the Google Play or Apple there and get the WYZE app.

1 Like

Hey… Thanks for the info… Yes I’ve had blue stacks on and off my computer a number of times it’s just too resource intensive, even though I have a newer machine. For me, I just took my phone up through DEX when I need to run apps that don’t have dedicated pc-based software. I know there’s a number of major vendors providing pc-based solutions especially in the security cam area. Hopefully Wyze will have something out in the near future.
My biggest issue is not being able to view cameras if the internet is down, even though Wi-Fi still connects fine locally. I know setting them to 24/7 continues saving to the SD card, but you have to take it out to view the videos.

1 Like

My old Foscams allow FTP access to the SD card. Not so worried about that for my cameras that are on my own local LAN.

As for performance of BlueStacks… I haven’t found an issue running on Macs with i7s as far back as 10 years. It seems like CPU use is around 5-15%. I’m not sure about earlier versions but you can now allocate how much RAM and number of CPUs toward product so that may help keep it from being a resource hog.

You can cut down on the amount of resources bluestacks uses with eco mode

Hey thanks for the reply and information. Yeah I know you can do a lot of fiddling to get BlueStacks to work more efficiently. I may revisit that at some point but I’m still hoping Wyze will come up with a pc-based solution, one that will also allow viewing camera footage when the internet is down. Maybe with a Wyze home base hub or something that effect.

1 Like

Thank you… may I have to revisit that.

With the growing number of products Wyze is offering, especially with the introduction of the Doorbell and Thermostat (next week) I think it is becoming more and more an urgent need to have some means of managing an ecosystem from a computer rather than just from a phone. As people try and do setup more complex routines, integrations, etc it’s just not easy to do on a phone.

3 Likes

Wyze is very phony. :smiley:

1 Like

The Gods in charge of WYZE apparently don’t know that or they would have an app for the desktop.

1 Like

They came out with Covid-19 masks relatively quick and that’s a good sign of being able to quickly do things. Hopefully the much needed, and quite frankly baffling to me why they didn’t do this in the first place, come out with viewing the cameras on browsers!

1 Like

A windows application or app is a 100% must! In my opinion a phone app is nearly useless working on a desktop!

2 Likes

I agree

1 Like

I agree. Get with the program WYZE!!!

1 Like