View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

ok thanks. so hhmmm wishlist… nah, more important things than this.

1 Like

Plenty of people have certainly given this feedback, it’s a pretty obvious one. I can’t imagine it won’t get an update, if not just to change it to show in the channel order (the same order they are arranged in on the app) so that it’s consistent.

1 Like

Untitled1

Why am i getting this ? when i have a few linked to my account and have cam+

Thank you

This is a user to user forum, they (Wyze) honestly ae not using it for any useful purpose. Look at all the unanswered questions. They do not understand what a Beta is.

1 Like

Markus, A question first. Is this a new Cam+ sub you purchased, or were the cams viewable prior?

Extend login time for view.wyze.com (Wyze Web View)

Currently there is some X-minute or hour time limit when you login to view.wyze.com, and if you try to do anything after this time limit, you are logged out and must login again.

I have a few outdoor cameras set up, and I leave one up to watch. Occasionally I want to check out another one, but when I click “back” on the browser, I’m logged out and have to go through the whole login process again. I realize this is a common security practice for websites, but considering that this product itself is for home-security, I don’t think it’s a good practice here. Or at least extend the logged in time to be something like 8+ hours. 24 hours or even permanent would be ideal for me, maybe a checkbox for this option?

To further this issue, when you get logged out by going back, you are at the auth page (auth.wyze.com) and if you try to login again you get an authentication error which I assume has to do with XSS tokens or something similar. There’s a workaround for this, just go back to view.wyze.com, but it just adds to the annoyance.

Thanks

Cam+ sub for a year now and no never able to see it live, i see the events videos but not the live option weird

Will wyze provide some sort of restful web api with this? There’s a huge community, of DIYers, that already have some home automation platform running privately. A web api that would allow folks to pull in the recorded events and/or take screenshots periodically would be extremely beneficial to include in users’ respective home automation platforms/dashboards.

And please do not bring up Matter because that’s still something of a pipe dream; dependent on so many variables that just cover us in hopeful vomit.

On my end, I’ve got the following on Home Assistant:

• Honeywell WiFi thermostats
  • Smart Oil Gauge
  • OpenGarage door openers running old Craftsman garage door openers
  • Lutron light switches
  • TCL Roku TVs

All of these disparate technologies were implementations during a time when engineers had the foresight and vision to expose an API for that small minority of like-minded individuals that were willing to put in the effort to integrate as such.

Take for example PowerShell Universal by Ironman Software: I use this daily at work to create APIs for our data scientists so as to avoid exposing those infrastructure consoles and commands that cannot be sandboxed or permissioned enough to prevent calamity.

What I’m asking for is for someone to REALLY give this a try and Wyze will become the darling of the Home Assistant (and others like it) open source community without actually handing over their internal IP code/algos, security, etc.

Do you have a browser that can do ‘Incognito Mode’ which disables most add-ons that might interfere that you can log into webview with?

Another thought Markus. Your browser isn’t ‘stuck’ displaying “Establishing secure connection” in a lower corner is it?

Also, there’s this: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054371931-How-to-use-RouteThis-Helps , paying attn to Step 9

The Live view on a windows computer and chrome is NOT working today, just keeps spinning and spinning, cleared the cache, restarted, onthe same network, funny I can see it fine on my cell phone. I can see the events…

Gee! They must be going to Beta Test Version 256.

As you know, it is still in Beta. However, I have found going to the event tab and then back to the live view page things start to work again.

I will test with my set to see.

Can you let us know what your setup is? What computer and OS you are using and what Cameras you are trying to stream

Yeah I tried the going back and then the picture shows but when you press the play it just keeps circling, worked find yesterday, oh running windows 7 pro with chrome and its wyze v2 camera

It’s not working for me today. Win10, Chrome browser, v2, v3 cams. Wyze must be working/tweaking something on the server this morning?

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. I was able to stream a V3 on a Chromebook. But will try again

2 Likes

Not working for me either. Multiple version cameras, Win 11 on Edge.

Wow another old request like the request for dark mode but atleast it is in testing. :pensive:

Would be nice to see someday.

Completely down here, just spinning. Tried the events and back to live streaming, a no-go. Tried with and w/o VPN. Hopefully Wyze has it down to implement bug fixes.

1 Like

Just tried again and now it is spinning. I stand corrected as it is not working. I can’t stream events either.

I agree with your assessment that they may be doing something on the back-end.