View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Why no outdoor cam with cam plus able to viewed ?

Just tried the Beta, looks good so far! But the live views are not loading on Firefox (94.0.2), I have to switch to Chrome, where they work fine.

Yup even when I do have cam plus

I have the same question - that is where I most want my cam plus – and it’s not working

So, feedback for the team - the email was very unclear. I only have 4 outdoor cams and was excited to pay for 4 camplus subscriptions to test this feature out and I later on found out that these devices were not supported. That’s $60/yr that I would have happily paid for,that I just had to cancel on because I don’t use the other features.

My specific use case is that I live in a trailer and wish to see a view of what is happening outside along the four walls of the trailer from my computer. I have access via a small (android) screen but zero access from a larger laptop or monitor. I’ve had luck using Microsoft’s Your Phone app to see the app on the desktop but it’s still pretty small and difficult to use.

I have not spent much time on this thread but the concern I did see was power and killing the battery. I’m just looking for the same level of access the app gives to you on a phone, assuming that level of scope - I don’t see why there is an issue but it sounds like the devs hare more grand ideas (real-time streaming and updates?). Anyway., it’s saddening to me that you guys won’t take my money. This is the second time I’ve signed up for Cam Plus with false pretenses and had to cancel.

1 Like

Bless You Folks… This is a wonderful thing. Absolutely WONDERFUL>>>> Thank You, So Much…

Love it! Great work so far. Keep polishing that website!

The Wyze Webview is a VERY much needed and appreciated update/feature. Thank you for making this work without having to hack my firmware. Since this is currently limited to select CamPlus devices, I imagine some Wyze users might be upset if they don’t subscribe to CamPlus.

Initial feedback is that the User Interface (UI) on an iPhone 12 Plus Max needs work as far as scaling and keeping text and content readable. I think you rushed this, but Hey, that is what BETA is all about!

Nice job but keep improving!

@UserCustomerGwen I am very excited to have the ability to show video on pc. Currently, I have a old iPhone setup to a 32" HDMI connected TV with adapter. I can pull up my Camera Group with all Wyze Cam v3 on my iPhone and it displays on my TV.

I just installed 5 cam+ licenses with Wyze Cam v3 . It is working great on my PC with Google Chrome . I have 4 cameras (in a group) that I want to monitor outside. Everything is working like a charm :slight_smile:

Christopher

Live stream for my Wyze Cam v3 that has Cam Plus enabled isn’t loading. Just has the loading wheel icon.
Windows 10 on Firefox 94.0.2 (64-bit)

I also cannot do Live View using Firefox 94.0.2 (64 bit Windows 10).
The playback from Cam+ works though!
Thanks for this great new feature for Cam+ users!!

It’s working in the Edge browser… I would really like this to work in Firefox though.

FYI, I have 9 cameras total. 6 are v2/v3. 1 orig doorbell. the other 2 are WCO and are not supported. I have a mesh 1000mbs network. My use case is to be able to see all cams at once with sub 5 second delay in live feeds when a person is detected at night.

Followup
LIVE STREAM

• My new v3 floodlight cam freezes video after a few mins.

• I have cams that are alexa stream-enabled via routines. There’s about a 20 sec lag for the alexa stream, i.e. WV is MUCH better at real-time streaming.

• I get logged off after about 10 mins of inactivity. I hope this is just a pilot environment limitation.

My four cameras work on Safari with M1 Mac. However, when someone opens my front door. They all revert back into thin black boxes. The only Wyze device connected with my front door is the Wyze smart door lock. Anyone have this issue??

Chatted a little with Jimmy from Wyze in the Wyze Discord server. He says the devs are aware of the bug with Firefox and are working on a fix.

Yeah don’t think that’s going to happen. Wyze person detection takes place only after a video clip is saved and then uploaded to a cloud server for analysis.

Beta looks ok. Some issues with cameras stalling after viewing a short while, though seems like last two keep running. If I click to another tab and then back the cameras have stopped. Would be nice to have the ability to only show the cameras I’ve selected, or make groups of cameras. And lastly, which is more general, why can’t you remember my browser/computer and not have to log in again, or at least not have to do two factor.

Great work guys love it and love that you can use PIP on iOS with the web view. Is it me or sound not working?

Same problem keeps logging me out constantly!

This has been a great help since I was looking for a workaround to use on my Surface Studio laptop. The doorbell seems to only cycle, and there’s no way to turn on a cam light, if necessary, that I’ve been able to find. Otherwise, this is wonderful and I hope you keep working to improve.