View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

If you look further on the link I provided you would find you can buy those cameras in quantity one or two as well. The blink cameras are battery-operated in there for not suitable for constant video monitoring, which is the reason they don’t offer a web browser. Amazon is filled with dozens of cams that provide simple web access. Do your own research.

I believe OS/2 Warp was, and is the best OS! Fight me! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I think you’re missing the point. There are people with low priced cameras that offer web browser interfaces. I think we can move on.

Would Like to have in browser access to view cameras on a device not wyze app compatible.

:wink::laughing::heart:

Didn’t know you command-line interfacers still held such a grudge. Maybe it’s because it took Gates’ crew 10 yrs to come up with a pathetically weak GUI to get in the game. Not only have I used and enjoyed numerous models of Macs over the years as well as others, but one of my early Macs came with a card that enabled me to flip over to MS-DOS with a single keystroke, and I used that too for specialized apps that did not yet offer Mac versions. And now we have Parallels for the ecumenical.
PS I had friends who worked at Xerox PARC. They deliberately and openly passed their GUI ideas over to Apple after the higher-ups showed no interest. It wasn’t “stolen.” And Apple refined it and put it into production.
The “walled garden” criticism is valid when it comes to the iPhone, however. I went straight from the Palms and Handspring to Android.

au contraire my friend, they do and they have

1 Like

Uh, no one here claimed such a thing? I notice your impassioned defense doesn’t rebut a single thing I actually wrote. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s nothing to rebut because your post is opinion not fact. And you are entitled to it. What Apple brought to the table was stability. While Windows was plagued with the blue screen of death for over a decade, Apple gave most, a simple, and stable platform. I believe that holds true to today. Even if it means being a closed system. And people value that. You can call it overpriced, but that’s probably because you don’t value it. Generally speaking, if you value something, then you are okay with the price. Doesn’t mean you like the price. But you value it enough to pay it. And the fact that they are a $2 trillion company says that a lot of folks value them.

This is a circular argument that’s going nowhere

@UserCustomerGwen thanks for your updates so far. Do you have any news on when this feature is coming out? Your last update was about 4 months ago so hoping it’s soon.

Having spent much of today trying to update iOS on a business iPhone without losing my photos, I find this kind of hilarious. Says it needs 4.5 GB free before it can update. I clear off dozens of images and videos via Windows Explorer. This repeatedly fails until I start copying in smaller batches to prevent the phone from deciding it’s not connected and doing only partial copies. *Moves" were not removing the original so I instead copy the batches together and then return to the DCIM directories to delete from the iPhone via Windows Explorer.

The upgrade is now willing to download. Then it repeatedly fails to install with a non-specific failure message and no recourse except pointless retries. Finally I decide try and clear away even MORE files from the DCIM directories. The upgrade installs. I begin trying to copy back my files. Suddenly it becomes clear that while I was able to copy off and delete files before the iOS upgrade, the new OS simply refuses to grant Windows Explorer write access. I can copy remaining files but cannot put ANY of them back where they were.

After further grief I give in and download iTunes. The years have not been kind to it. It’s actually even worse than I remember. Figuring out where to simply copy images and videos is ridiculously obscure. Then I find it can only synch with one folder at a time - and worse, if you synch the first folder and switch, you lose all the files you already copied!? It really likes to start over. I figure I need to put everything in one folder, trackability and recoverability be damned. Okay, why isn’t it synching everything? Why are my spot checks failing? Great, it handles videos separately, despite the checkbox that says include videos. Okay, include the videos now. Oh I have to select All. Finally getting somewhere? Oh no, it’s out of room on the phone again. Figures it won’t take all the files back after an upgrade. Okay, clean out some space. Clean out some more. Delete some big videos and podcasts. Banish some apps to live in the cloud. Reboot the phone a whole bunch of times. Restart iTunes a bunch of times after it keeps stalling. Each time I clear up gigabytes of phone space, iTunes suddenly says it wants 2 or 5 more! I can’t get everything back in place. I’m not paying for 50 GB of cloud storage. I end up leaving a few GB of videos on my hard drive. Hey wait, my videos are no longer under Photos but are considered “home movies” and filed under a new “TV” app? And I still can’t find anything by name when spot checking? Huh, if only this thing had removable storage or would allow a computer write access.

What a crapshow of a walled garden. It doesn’t work. You guys are welcome to it.

Oh and by the way I was a regular Macintosh user for many years too. It was ALWAYS less capable and more prone to show stopping disasters compared to anything newer than Windows 3.

An iOS update is never done until it breaks something in Windows - it’s an unwritten requirement of every change. :wink:

2 Likes

Were you deliberately trying to break every common-sense rule of thumb to make your point? Don’t you have any grandchildren you can call to help you?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Blink Mini is powered by a USB AC adapter, just as the Wyze cameras (aside from the WCO) are.

First you state, “I can find 5x that DO offer web access for every 1 that does not”, then “Do your own research”. That’s like when people make a claim and then tell you to use Google to confirm their claim. It is a no-lose situation for them, as they don’t have to lift a finger, and if one doesn’t confirm their results, they can claim that person didn’t search hard enough (as they obviously couldn’t be wrong).

If you’d bother to do your own research without only looking only for what backs up your claim, you’d see their are plenty of low cost cams on Amazon that don’t offer web access. You claimed a 5:1 ratio, which should make it easy for you to back up your claim, but you can’t even counter the 3 examples (aside from the Wyze itself) that someone else already posted.

That point was already made early in this topic. Overblown claims that a person won’t (and quite likely can’t) back up are unnecessary.

Look up… Roadmap in-development
That’s about as committed as Wyze ever gets.

Now you’re just making stuff up. :slight_smile:

The rest of your unfocused assessment of Wyze is somewhat accurate but has nothing to do with whether Wyze has committed to this particular project or not.

I was hardly trying to make a point. I was following Apple’s instructions to make room for the upgrade, which was needed due to their massive new security vulnerability. What “common sense rules” could you possibly mean? Predict that Apple would arbitrarily disable write access? Buy a new Mac and pay for 60 GB of iCloud storage? Permanently throw out my data? This was not my failure; it was Apple’s. (They didn’t even properly report how much space the upgrade really needed.) However, it’s true I might have had better luck by installing iTunes earlier and performing a full phone backup first. (My fault there for believing Apple’s claim about the requirements for its easy in-place update on its own phone.) “It just works!”

I’m seriously asking you, what “common sense rules” were missed? Your smilies aren’t as information packed as you seem to think.

My HeimVision cost about $30 and has a web interface. I see plenty of others at all price points. I am, however, a bit surprised at the number of ones that don’t.

Do a little research before you make those incorrect assumptions. My company began making software in 1976 and was the first one to provide business software programs for the personal computers in a joint venture in 1980 and eventually had 425 dealers and Distributors worldwide. Today we provide consumer product testing and reviews and had you looked, you would have realized that we provided numerous very detailed and very favorable reviews of all the Wyze cameras a couple years ago not long after several of them left Amazon to form their own company. We began buying V 2s the moment they were available and have continued to purchase quantities of the Pan, V3, and WCOs as soon as they were on the market. Aside from the fact that many users experience frequent drop off and failures to boot when using older standard routers, most of their cams are very good at the price point offered. We use a one terabyte Wi-Fi 6 Mimo mesh router, so we never have that problem. The wcos are the only disappointment because when compared to the Arlo Pro battery-powered units (which by the way have Windows and web browser capability), the wcos have less antenna range and far less battery capability.

If you had been a longer-term member of this community and had reviewed not only the roadmap but the requested features, you would have discovered the largest, greatest request was simply to add a web browser so it could be used on a desktop computer. The fact that it is on the road map is tongue-in-cheek because we have all been waiting two years for this. It is not that hard to do because after all we are connecting to the server through the internet on cell phone apps anyway. I believe if the company put on a Windows browser they would immediately see purchases from small business in 50 unit Lots or more at a time instead of one or two unit orders. Will this reduce their cam Plus sales? Not at all, I would continue to add cam Plus to all cameras every time. It is the hope of all users that the company quickly finishes the ramp up for a public offering with all these other products, and honors their previous promise to develop a simple web browser. They are a good company and will get around to it eventually