View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Thank you Angus.Black!

This worked good when I first set it up but now it says my wyze cameras cannot be controlled

I see the same message in Alexa, “Currently cannot be controlled from your PC.”
Alexa on my phone still pretends to support Live View but never actually works.

Alexa on my iPhone works on ‘live view’

I installed the Alexa app on both laptops the other day, all my cameras were working fine on both with the alexa windows app, when I posted my last post it was because it stopped working on one of them , I checked the other one and it all works on that laptop.
I uninstalled the windows Alexa app and reinstalled it , still doesn’t work on that one, can’t even view my blink cameras that are Amazon product , only ones I can see is Arlo , no Eufy either.
I don’t know what kind of screwy stuff is going on, I checked my phone and I used to be able to view all my cameras on there but now it’s only some of them , only wyze V2 cams , no others , they say live view not supported
EDIT I take that back that all of my cameras work on my other laptop with Alexa windows app, they all work except for Eufy’s

:sunglasses: I found a program that runs on my PC (Windows 10) that brings up a Window with my tablet’s (Android 9) screen via a USB & WiFi connection (without “ROOTING”). I can use both the keyboard and mouse to manipulate the tablet and I can show up to 4 wyze webcams in the horizontal orientation. But, you have to invoke “Developer Mode” on the Android device by clicking on “Build Number” 7 or 8 times consecutively (only needs to be invoked 1 time) before using “scrcpy”.

BUMP.

Any progress update on the web portal?

Hope this can be done, just browser-based so easy to view on any device, any OS… I have Google/Nest Hello and its flawless with this and easy to send a share link to anyone to be able to monitor a cam as well… its basic, simple, easy.

I’m not a fan of Bluestacks. It’s full of bloatware causing a slow experience. I recommend against it.

I have been using it a long time, it runs fine for me , and since they upgraded it to use less resources it works even better now

I think you missed the point. I wasn’t suggesting Bluestacks. Someone does about every two months as though it were a new idea.

1 Like

Point taken!

1 Like

I don’t know what is so difficult. When Amazon introduced their Cloud Cam the app was immediately available. I still have 3 of their cameras and the app is still working even though they haven’t supported it for a couple of years now. Maybe someone at Wyze ought to look at the Cloud Cam software and use it as a design model. It really isn’t that difficult.

Alexa on windows its slow and sloppy Plus you can only see 1 cam… Bluestack crashes and freezes … NOX really sucks… Why can’t Wyze develop a platform to run on Windows??? I had to Steer my Brother away from purchasing 26 Wyze outdoor cams for his new gym/spa… This is a shame… All because Wyze is not willing to build a reliable windows platform to view there own products. I also stopped buying Wyze products until something is done about This… Ppl cant run a business and have their phone tied up… Its really pathetic…

3 Likes

Bingo!

I haven’t seen any posts about anyone who has tried “scrcpy” which I posted about earlier. You can plug your phone or tablet into a usb port (after activating developer mode) and “scrcpy” (runs on a PC under Windows) and it will show a window with your phone or tablet screen (and you can also use the mouse in Windows to control the android device). I have been using it all week and it works great, I even got it working with WiFi but I have to first start the device up using a USB port and a cable then after that switch over to WiFi.

One issue with scrcpy is that I have yet to find a solution for the device remaining in low power charging mode while connected to a PC. For the Fire 7 tablet I use (whose portrait mode 600 x 1024 display fits nicely on a 1080p computer display). The battery level appears to remain static while the PC is on (neither charging or discharging).

I agree, “scrcpy” is not perfect and you have to tie up a tablet or phone so that it can’t be charged at the same time that it is being used (phone or tablet is consuming power that can’t be used for charging) but the tablet I use remains at a stable charge state without going down, so as long as I have it charged up before using, it will be charged up when I disconnect it.

I haven’t tried it yet with a 2nd phone or tablet but it seems like I should be able to run multiple windows with “scrcpy” and be able to display another 4 webcams and actually display 8 webcams, 4 webcams for each of the “scrcpy” windows?

It’s not a 100% solution but it sure works well with what it can do and I will also use it in the future for applications other than just displaying Wyze cams. It will be very useful in creating tutorials by recording a “scrcpy” video and using the mouse to step through each step in a tutorial and demonstrate how to use an App on an Android device.

You currently seem to be extremely busy rushing out new crud/gimmick type products vs. truly supporting your base (sounds familiar) with what’s needed for long term retention. This will only end one way if not fixed soon & well, …Wyze will lose many, many customers, as well as more bad …

Microsoft’s Windows holds around 77% of the global desktop market share, with just shy of two-thirds of that being made up by Windows 10. If you throw in laptops, Windows 10 controls a full 40% of the entire global market, making it by far the most popular OS in the world for those sorts of devices. There are a number of reasons why that is, but the most important is the depth and breadth of its supporting hardware and software.

Chromebooks are outselling Macbooks

So where’s your thinking??

2 Likes

Yeah, it doesn’t work well at all

I don’t have a problem with blue stacks at all, it never crashes are freezes

Good question