View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

No, you posted in the right place…starting a new thread would probably just get the post merged back in here or the news announcement thread about this. You can definitely post here. It says “Solved” because of the way the forum software works after Wyze announces an official solution for a roadmap or wishlist item. Since they have publicly allowed the anyone [with cam plus] to use it now, it’s considered “solved” but it’s okay to continue discussing things related it. Since the webview site is linking to this thread, it’s probably best to continue to post here, but alternatively it’s also okay to post in the news release thread that Gwendolyn posted above:

Since it’s still in Beta and not fully released as a completed service yet, for right now there is no way to remove the incompatible cams from the main view. I’m just grateful Wyze is allowing us to “test” the service early even though it’s not fully completed yet. You made a valuable suggestion though. I am sure many of us fully agree with this insight to allow us to deselect individual cams from the view. I too have a bunch of cams I’d like to take off the screen or be able to rearrange more easily in a different order without having to do it in the app.

One work around for this for now is to take all the cams do work in the web view and put them all into the same camera group on the app, maybe even name it “Webview cams”. Then in the webview link you can click the little four dots on the top left and select to only show that group of cams, and after selecting that group, click “View Live Streams” and now it will filter out all the other cams.

Hopefully a future update will allow us other options, but for now our choices are to have every cam on the screen (including the ones that won’t stream) or pick a single group to stream. Hopefully that helps while we wait…it’s what I am doing while I wait for further advances and another announcement on updates to this.

1 Like