View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

For me a Option for the ios user would use AirPLay. So i could use the ios App but i can show soime interesting part on the bigger screen - sometimes on big TV Screens

For AirPlay, you may want to hop over to and vote for this #wishlist topic: AppleTV app - #31 by Panther1th.

For the Mac folks here, the upcoming macOS Catalina will include Project Catalyst which will allow iOS apps to run on macOS. There may be devils in the details, but it may make it easy for Wyze to bring the iOS to the Mac.

You can vote for and/or comment on that here: Bring the Wyze iOS app to macOS (Catalina, Catalyst).

3 Likes

presumably ios or android apps running on a pc would still require a download of the app? That wouldn;lt work for many who want to see their cams on theirt work PC’s and are restricted in what can be installed… a web browser interface would be better for me.

2 Likes

add my name to this request. on the road where I may not have phone service but wifi with my laptop. THANK YOU for any effort toward this.

@jeff.dunkleberger… You add your name to this by clicking the VOTE button at the top.

That said, if you can get wifi on the road on your laptop, can’t you also get wifi internet access on your phone? The Wyze app will work just fine over the phone’s wifi connection.

1 Like

I have instantly become a Wyze cam fan; however, the top thing that’s lacking for me is not having a desktop pc app to view them as you would with other sec camera systems. I’m running two instances of Bluestacks to show multiple cameras but it’s a bit cumbersome to set it up every day. Would love to be able to see cameras in a tiled view without loading other apps and jumping through web servers, etc. to see jumpy footage.

1 Like

I’d like to remind everyone who has commented on this and said “Add me to the list” that you have to actually VOTE on the topic to be “added to the list”

Please…if you want this, and have not done so, please VOTE for it!

2 Likes

Yes, voted as well. Just wanted to supplement my vote with my reasoning. Thanks!

Vote for because most of the time I am on one of my 4, PC’s running WIN 10 PRO.

In addition to being able to access the cameras with a PC, it would also be nice to use the Wyze Cameras as an “IP Camera” on my home network. We use IP cameras at work for monitoring equipment during testing. At home I could use the Wyze Camera to watch my grandchild on my PC or on my Smart TV. Currently I can only use my Phone, but it keeps going to sleep. It is ok for short quick looks but not good for continuous monitoring.

You can watch a live continuous stream though the app.

Wyze you are sure dragging on getting a feature like this up and running… I would definitely like a web interface. especially with a feature to record locally

For the person who wants to watch a stream continuously… I have the same need (elderly mother-in-law living with us). Here’s what I’m doing…

1. I have MEmu installed on my PC and my wife’s PC. We can launch it and have multiple cameras streaming in a separate window. Works well. Free.

2. I bought Amazon Fire Tablets (both 7" and 8") and sideloaded the Google Play Store. Then I loaded the Wyze app and set them to never go to sleep. Now we have 24 hour monitors (with sound) running in 3 locations around the house. They work great! Sometimes they get a little “laggy” and we have to close and re-open the app to catch them up to real-time, but they’re a really cheap and good quality solution. We just picked up two 7" fire tablets on Prime Day for $25 each and added them to our stable of full-time monitors.

Hope this helps!

JJC

Would very much like to view our cameras on the PC, both Windows and Apple please.

Memu android emulator works great! Install, Memu, just log in to your account in google play, Search for and install wyze app.Log into the wyze app. works

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes it does work. I tried it out today…but it isn’t ideal. It’s a workaround…a hack at best. But yes, it does work.

I wanted to provide a new summary post for the wyze staff to consider.
@UserCustomerGwen

View on PC/Browser is still the most viewed, talked about, and voted on item within the wishlist (SmartThings is shutdown, so it doesn’t count…actually this post should be archived)
It surpases the next user priority by 15K+ views and 1,100+ votes and growing
It is one of the top items where people have said "If it doesn’t have this then I’m not buying these cameras.

And yet, it isn’t even something that has been marked as “Researching”

This item has more votes in the wishlist, than the highest item on the road map, and WAY more votes than the janking RTSP implementation that was launched.

I’m not posting this to criticize the Wyze team. I’m posting it to ensure the information stays at the front of the team’s mind. This is a feature that is sorely lacking, desperately wanted, and pivotally important to the future success of these products.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. If Wyze would Open Source parts of their development, or at the very least create a secure, official, API for access the customer’s content, then a lot of these awesome ideas would solve themselves, for very little money.

1 Like

May I ask if anyone knows the ranking for the issue regarding Bluetooth streaming interference? Application must be force closed in order to stream audio to a Bluetooth device.

While a web or PC interface is the most requested feature, it is also going to be the most difficult thing to do.

1 Like