View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I agree. Removing/reinstalling the MicroSD Card from the cams could be pain in the neck in many circumstances. If no app for all platforms then this would be very helpfully when viewing and managing many MicroSD Cards full of video data.

I would like to buy several more Wyze cameras, but can’t until there is a pc viewing app. I hope they provide one soon.

I’m confused by this as well.
The solution seems simple, honestly.

1. Webapp with 2-step login
  2. Ability to group cameras without losing their individual listings as well

Then I could create a group and view it on any desktop.

1 Like

Yes, you can use bluestacks and install the wyze app or TinyCam

Also, now that RTSP support has been added you can also just view them on a supporting app like VLC for example.

1 Like

I second (or more) that request. I find apps to be “website lite”. Lol I’d also like to be able to view my 8+ cams on my flat-screens, not just limited to a 10" tablet. Thanks in advance!

Mark “Wastegate”

Would love to have support for browsers on PC.

TBH, I presumed it had that support when I purchased it. Would make it so much easier to work at my desk and monitor my baby!

Why is this UI request taking so long to get onto the development plate? I absolutely love my Wyze Pan Cams and want to recommend them to others, however without a Web UI it makes recommending your products challenging. Thank you for your consideration.

Hang on a bit longer. I can tell you that with the beta firmware certain things are possible…

However, this is still beta stuff, so things may change! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Viewing on a pc would make it more viable

I love Camp BowWow!

That would be awesome if you can provide web access via a browser! Have tried it so many times and realized that its not there yet :slight_smile:

Would really appreciate an explanation on how to watch my Wyzecams via a browser on my PC now that RTSP has been enabled. I thought it would be as simple as generating the URL and entering into a browser, but the last sentence below (from Wyze’s “How To Start Using RTSP” post) says it is only available while on the same local network. I’d like to view while at my office, outside my home network.

Click “Generate URL”, and the RTSP URL will show on the next screen. Use this for streaming through any RTSP compatible player on the same local network as the Wyze Cam.

Once you’ve followed all the instructions from Wyze’s RTSP support post and have generated a URL for your camera, you will need a compatible player to play the RTSP stream. NetcamStudio is an example that can display multiple cameras at once. You can also play an RTSP stream with VLC, but that only supports one stream at a time as far as I know. Go into your preferred RTSP player and add your stream with the URL you generated and your username and password. That should be all you need to get things going. Keep in mind this will only work on your local network.

To view the stream from outside your local network (such as from your office), it gets a bit more complicated. You can do one of two things. The easiest (but less secure) is to forward the corresponding port on your router so that your camera is accessible outside of your local network. This article can help you get started with that: https://www.howtogeek.com/66214/how-to-forward-ports-on-your-router/.

The second is to set up a VPN in your home network so that you can connect to it from outside. The VPN method makes your office computer act like it is connected to your home network. This is more secure because your connection to your home network would be encrypted. This method will be significantly more complicated but this article will give you some information on possible options: https://www.howtogeek.com/221001/how-to-set-up-your-own-home-vpn-server/.

1 Like

I forwarded port 554 but I am unable to view outside home network. Is this the correct port? I don’t believe this is an external port.

Here’s the remote access troubleshooting support page:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022739471-Remote-Access-Troubleshooting

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you file a support request including the log files for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.

I’m looking for help remotely accessing via RTSP. I have no problem accessing via the app.

Are you able to view the RTSP stream locally? What application are you using to view it? (RTSP can’t be viewed directly in a browser, as a previous response mentioned. You either need to use an app that can view RTSP, or you need to use an intermediary application to fetch the RTSP stream and serve it to your browser in a viewable form.)

554 is the correct port to forward for external access, but the above still applies. If you did it correctly, you should be able to view via the same viewing app or intermediary application using the same RTSP url changed to point at your external IP address.

This wasn’t under consideration in November 2018, but now it’s May 2019. Is it under consideration now? If it’s not, it should be. I’d also like the capability of viewing all of my live camera feeds at the same time, on my phone and on the website.

2 Likes

+1 for access other than through the app. For me a browser add-on would be the preferred solution (multiple Windows and Linux systems) with the ability to view the live stream, recordings, and events. Anything more than that I would be happy using the app.

I have 2 elderly people I keep tabs on. One has a WYZE camera, which I cannot access from my PC, so I have to be able to use my mobile device, HUGE battery drain and makes the mobile unable to be used for any other function. The other one I use is a Vimtag camera. It DOES have the ability to view on the PC. I bought the WYZE camera because I was not aware I could not do the same thing as the Vimtag camera, and it was less expensive. I got what I paid for. I will be replacing the WYZE camera since there seems to be no interest in making this work effectively. If you have to view the camera frequently or for any length of time, no one has the time to tie up their mobile device for this one app to run. My only solution is to use an old mobile phone, keep it plugged in constantly and run the WYZE app on that. What a disappointment this camera is. I was looking at it for a small business, but now I will look elsewhere.

1 Like