View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I voted, thanks.

1 Like

Bought a bunch of Wyze cams in the past, over 20 V1s and 4 Pans.
Sadly, I am continually disappointed at the lack of support and compatibility this product has.

Warning: Unless you only want to view your camera feed from a TINY phone, this is NOT the product for you.

1. Doesn’t work in Windows, and despite customers asking for it for OVER A YEAR, still nothing. But hey, at least we got Alexa integration right? That was REALLY important.
  2. Doesn’t work with emulators for Android (don’t even recommend Blue Stacks, that product is a joke)
  3. So after all of this money spent on Wyze, and very little in terms of progress to solve any of my issues, I decide I will suck it up and go buy a brand new Chromebook that supports Android apps.

GUESS WHAT!??!!?

THE ANDROID VERSION OF WYZECAM IS INCOMPATIBLE!?

Now I need to go return this several hundred dollar chromebook and pray that one day, Wyze smartens up after selling a million cams and considers actually supporting their customers versus offering new things that no one cares about OR, I will pray some other company takes this great camera, and makes some REAL software for it, because what we have today is sub-par and unsatisfactory.

I love Wyze, and Dave, and the whole team, don’t get me wrong.
But after waiting a YEAR and spending tons of money with STILL NO SOLUTION in mind, I am beyond frustrated.

I am so done recommending this to everyone I know.

I am a loyal customer but damn you guys need more programmers or BETTER ones :frowning:
This is not rocket science.

1 Like

Total agreement here. There are so many uses for a cam that can be viewed from a browser. Our company alone would purchase a bunch if it had this feature. For now we have to stick to Nest which offers this.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback, adamtv. We’re sorry to have disappointed you and appreciate you bringing this up with us. The Chromebook story sounds especially frustrating. I will share this with our team.

1 Like

RTSP is in development. With RTSP you will at least be able to view your cameras in a browser or Windows.

I disaggregate that this. Am is sub-par. It does exactly what I wanted and the app is good with lots of features.

Sure there is a lot of room for progress and I’m sure it is progressing.

Keep up the good work Wyze.

I am using a Fire TV and tinycam pro’s webserver to view cameras on my PC. I use one chrome browser to view 2 cameras and one opera browser to view 2 cameras. Resize and stack opera browser on top of chrome browser. I spend few minutes every day on this routine every morning. So far so far and I am used to the “inconvenience”. Previously I just need to open one chrome browser to view 4 cameras at a time. But the app was changed only firefox browser can be used to view 4 cameras at a time but doing so will make my notebook CPU very busy.

Anyway hope Wzye will develop a PC app like the Yi Home PC app soon.

With tinycam pro being compatible with Wyze cams and there is no need to forward/open port is the major convenience for me. I use Wyze app to veiw alerts or SD recordings when there is limited bandwidth. But I use tinycam pro frequently to view multiple cameras when @ home or there is enough bandwidth.

1 Like

I agree with Andrew. You don’t RTSP to view on a computer/laptop. Wyze should just add a portal login to the website for customer to login and see their cameras. I might not fully understand RTSP, but the feed doesn’t need to be real time (there can be a delay) similar to that found in the IOS app today.

An internet portal is going to be more stable and take less upkeep as an HTPS than an a Windows or IOS app.

Further more: an Apple TV app should be considered as well, RTSP or not.

With that being said; RTSP would be stellar.

1 Like

I would be willing to develop the windows app if i could get specifications on the video feed and alerts etc.

3 Likes

I posted this elsewhere but also wanted to make sure you all had access to this. :slight_smile:

I asked the dev team about this feature and was told that it’s a resource and priority issue (we have stuff like improving Playback, getting RTSP out, and simultaneous streaming that are in the works now). Once RTSP is implemented, people will be able to view their Wyze Cams on their computers. But we’re still paying attention to the votes and interest levels.

3 Likes

This is why others pay more for a camera system.

I like Wyze Cam, but the lack of outdoor and pc/mac viewing is really starting to question my purchase. It it is hard to monitor your house and make calls from a phone at the same time, along with poor quality of recording shooting through windows at night.

These issues have been troublesome for many. At what point does Wyze Cam make it a priority to correct this for its clients?

1 Like

It does take time to develop, test, and produce. It will be well worth it once complete and probably then some. As far as quality of recording through windows at night, they are working on the ability to turn IR off and keep night mode on as I recall @Loki mentioning.

3 Likes

Looks like this particular feature (although very popular) is currently tagged as “maybe-later”

maybe-later - This isn’t on our internal roadmap at this point but we’ve seen and considered it. Sometimes features that we plan to implement later but haven’t come up in the pipeline are in this category.

1 Like

This particular feature isn’t in the pipeline yet but the night vision control is currently in testing. @kpitzer06, thank you for your perspective. I will share it with the team. I apologize for not having an answer for the point at which this would become a priority (I’m not part of the dev team so I have limited visibility there).

2 Likes

well it’s no fun if you are going to edit your posts… can’t have a good discussion with those rules.

1 Like

Lol. The only thing I took out is it was in development as I thought it was haha.

2 Likes

So you got a $20 million infusion into your company and you can’t hire 1 programmer to fix the lack of a Windows application. What / where did all that money go?

“We are looking into possibly adding this later” - Later is Now.

2 Likes

I cannot answer for Wyze, but I would assume that a lot of the money went towards production to maintain the level of supply versus demand.

I totally agree with what u said. At this point I would of rather kept my money than have these cameras.

What so many don’t realize is that not many of us can install things like an emulator on a company owned PC. It is one thing to use a browser to view a camera but start installing programs that may or may not be safe on someone else’s laptop or desktop and you may have to sell the cameras to support your family. They need to come up with a way to view in a browser like so many of the other camera in the same price range. I will not buy another one until they do.

2 Likes