View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I agree with that. Perhaps it would make sense to split out wishes and comments into those who specifically want a browser based experience. I appreciate that everyone talking about Bluestacks, RTSP and VLC wants to help but there specific reasons why some us are asking for and wishing for a BROWSER based experience.

From comments, it sounds like incorporating RTSP in the firmware requires more memory than they built into the hardware so the RTSP firmware dropped SD card support - but I’m just guessing that it’s the cam memory space that is the limitation.

Can you provide a reference for the dropping of SD card support in the RTSP software? I haven’t tested it yet, but my understanding is no features were dropped. However, new features that were added after (like person detection) are absent.

I know the RTSP/VLC solution isn’t for everyone, but it can help those that simply want their cameras up on their PC, and that solution is available today (see response 570 for a link).

1 Like

yep, i get the point ;

It’s been quite a while that I and many others have wanted to be able to check our cameras from a computer and not always on our phone.

When will this come?? Many other security cam companies already have this and when im in an area where I cannot use my phone (like work), I’d like to be able to check from a browser.

1 Like

@113GT Welcome to the community! I wouldn’t expect this to be a feature added any time soon. This request is already on the Wishlist and has been requested many times. That said, if you haven’t voted for this, you can go to the top of this thread and vote. :slightly_smiling_face:

Vote for View in PC Browser

There is another option for browser viewing using the RTSP firmware. RTSP Tutorial

1 Like

I’d like to point out that the VLC tutorial assumes that the user is on the same home network as the cameras. I’ve seen people requesting the same but want to do this from their work computers. In this case, there are extra steps not mentioned in the tutorial.

Yes, the solution isn’t for everyone. But it will help those that simply want a camera or two up on their home computer.

Wyze’s resources are spread super-thin, I wouldn’t expect them to take on a new software project anytime soon.

1 Like

You assume that Tinycam is connecting to the camera directly. It doesn’t. Just like the Wyze app, it connects to the server.

When a Wyze camera powers up, it connects to the server and establishes a network path between the camera and the server. Tinycam and the Wyze app make use of that path. They are not directly connected to the camera.

Tinycam’s publisher somehow worked out the server’s API, I guess by monitoring the network packets. Or Wyze could have licensed it to them. I wish Wyze would publish that API.

1 Like
  • then maybe they got encryption keys . . .

Hence their so-called “technical challenges”—how to monetize what is clearly a straightforward technical task any software engineer with 5 years of practical experience could execute in a week.

command documentation, and the like. So “should be able to” is hard to say. I haven’t packet sniffed t…

This would be good to have, even if it started out as just the statuses of your plugs/bulbs/doors/etc. would be great to just have some sort of dashboard so i can see if a door was left open in a browser or such when I am not able to use my phone to open the app.

1 Like

This is a big one for me. It’s the one thing I miss most about my old Nest Cams. I wish Wyze made it easy to view on browsers.

I know you can do it with RTSP, but I want it to be easy, no setup, and on any machine with an internet connection.

2 Likes

Yes, totally agree - the sooner they get this message and move in this direction the better. Until then I won’t buy another wyze.

2 Likes

1 Like

Any updates on this? I’ve personally recommended Wyze to a few friends and this topic comes up regularly. I own 4 cameras myself and I’m wondering if I need to look elsewhere to replace them. Remember that it doesn’t need to be perfect at first … as long as we see progress and are able to view our cams securely … it’s something!
Thx

1 Like

Honestly, the best update you will probably see is if you notice the header change from ‘maybe-later’ to ‘researching’, I have noticed this happen often on topics without and true update from anyone.

2 Likes

It’s supposed to be fixed eventually. They just released a firmware update for the cameras to fix security issues. If they can make them perfect at this price it will be a game changer.

1 Like

I agree! Happy with the cameras but using the alternatives (VLC, Bluestacks, RTSP) is getting pretty old. I want to stick with Wyze but we really need a real multi-camera viewing desktop pc solution soon.

1 Like

I would like this feature too. The cam doesnt always catch people when they cross by it, which frankly sucks… And Id like to see a delete all feature on the android app(which is why im trying to view events on my computer). Not a delete 20 at a time until youve finally deleted months of recordings. Im a bit disappointing by the product and the app honestly.

Format the card (function available in the app) - that will delete everything.

Make sure you have the detection zones and sensitivity set properly. That may be the cause.

1 Like