View from PC

Is there a way to view the video feed from a pc or is it only Android/iOS? Would love to be able to view my cameras from my pc.

1 Like

Search the forums here for “tinycam”. Many threads already talking about it and how to set it up and what you can use it on.

Also look up the rtsp firmware on here if you want to use a Blue Iris or sometype of video management software.

2 Likes

I’m using the RTSP firmware and NX Witness.

2 Likes

Dang, that is amazing. I think i’ll be setting this up for sure. Been working from home and the iPad has been taking up desk space just to view my cameras while at home and not to mention the app and live streaming on the ipad take alot of battery power.

1 Like

It ain’t perfect, but it’s free for live viewing and most things except recording.

One more thing if you get it up and running. Right click (or press keys Alt+J) and check out the Image Enhancement. Check both boxes “Enable” and “Auto” next to the Gamma adjustment. In a wide dark scene (more than the IR lites can cover) it turns night almost into day. This isn’t the best shot because it’s not completely dark here, but you get the idea.

I like using BlueStacks. Simple and does what I need. Try it out . . .

2 Likes

Wow thats impressive. Yea i don’t use the IR lights with mine as they’re inside pointing out through windows. I just don’t have much of an eve on my house to stick them under or a power option close by.

1 Like

fyi, I’ve got one cam (in fact the one that pic is from) set right out in the open facing the prevailing winds just for testing. It’s been out there for two months so far.

How does bluestacks do on memory and cpu use?

I haven’t really checked the numbers on it because I have never had an issue. Seems to run just fine. It is also so much easier to add or change rules and schedules on the large screen than on my phone. Also if you want to show any videos to someone or show them how the app works, so much easier on the pc.

I ask because I’m still using leapdroid, which which ties up between 2 and 3 gig of ram on it’s own. Which wouldn’t be a problem if the PC was devoted to only that.

But the real thing that sold me on NX (over tinycam on a firestick) was the zoom windows as added panels on a live display. So I can turn 1 cams into a 9 panel (or more/less) display with custom zoomed views from a wide view cam. Which in my opinion is insanely cool.

btw, this screen record was done with NX and is part of the free stuff.

Very cool . . .

1 Like

That is really cool. I didnt’ see any where on the NX site of how much it is? Any idea?

Unfortunately yea. You can’t actually buy it from them in the US. There are a few different 3rd parties running their code that you can buy a license (one per cam, not tied to the cam), and it only adds the ability to record and playback as best i can tell. Not sure if add ons (like plate and face detection) need a license or not. I’ve read that the price is between $79 and $90 bucks, though I only recall ever seeing an $89 listing.

Been playing with Bluestacks for a few days now and you’re right, it works great. It’s the only way to view playback I think. On my PC here the jump to time points is almost instant, so reviewing past footage is almost usable security wise through the wyze app. But wasn’t BS either subscription based, or at least not free when it first came out? Which I think was one of the reasons I went with Leapdroid even though it had stopped being supported.

I do still think NX is best by far for live viewing on a constant bases. But BS is perfect for everything while using the wyze app. Haven’t tried tinycam in BS yet though. Have it installed but have yet to set it up. Would like to try some of it’s tracking features with a decent CPU driving it. But the zoom panels in NX trump any of that IMO. But thanks for pointing me back to Bluestacks. Makes a huge difference in using the wyze app.

btw, in Bluestacks, you can change the amount of memory and cpu cores it uses. Max (default) I think is 4gig and 4 cpu cores.

1 Like

Just to let everyone know the Wishlist item for viewing on a PC officially went into researching today. They are officially moving forward but do not have an ETA.

2 Likes

Fantastic, will make a world of difference for us old folks (73) to be able to see on a larger screen. I use Win 10 PCs Thanks!! Hope your work is speedy!!

1 Like

I’ve run across a nice solution until a proper one becomes available.
Using Windows “Your Phone” companion (Win10) allows you to view your phone’s screen within the PC app. At least for Android devices, not sure about Apple.
Here’s a screenshot.

1 Like

That does work well.

Your dog looks comfy. Mine also prefers a leather bed.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like