Video Doorbell

Get one if you can, prices have come down considerably. Very rewarding hobby/skill to learn… nothing like taking an object from an idea, through design and having it in your hand as a finished project!

Speaking of 3D printing, here’s what I printed up to protect my Wyze cams outdoors.

6 Likes

Nice!!!

Waiting for this product to buy, once it ready.

I would love a video doorbell that mounted through the door like a peephole.
Battery operated would be a plus for that style.

4 Likes

It seems with the number of apartments and townhouses These days, A Peephole type camera Would be a great seller

4 Likes

Do a lens swap and screw on a V2 on the inside :grin:

1 Like

Is the alert going to be just a sound or can it be vibration or blinking light for those with hearing disability?

The “Ring Video Doorbell with HD Video, Motion Activated Alerts” costs $100 on amazon.
If Wyze can sell one for $50 I would buy 2

2 Likes

Would completely buy into a video doorbell by Wyze. It would be very smart to do as some have suggested and have a slimmer profile than the Ring, which is bulky and doesn’t fit many door frames. Also, there are a lot of newer homes that don’t have wired doorbells, and only have the wireless chime w/ battery operated doorbell. So I think the key is to have options.

1 Like

I personally would like something that flush mounts maybe inside a single gang electrical box.

I would love one too. Need to be battery driven though. Don’t mind replacing batteries or even detaching it to charge it. I’m screwing mine through brick when I get one. Thinking about buying a cheap one to test the waters and y’all popped into my mind. Also I’m waiting on HomeKit integrations :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Nice, but why is it so deep? Looks like there’s a lot of room behind the camera.
Will you release the .stl files ?

Any eta on this development?

1 Like

When you see the tag go from, “in-development” to “testing”, you’ll know it’s closer to being released. That’s as close to an ETA as you’re probably going to get right now. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Though testing can also take a fair amount of time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Time flies when you’re having fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are they in testing phase for a doorbell cam?

4 Likes

I so want you to make a video doorbell. Please. Just take my money. :smiley: