Video Doorbell

I would still get the chime. I am surprised they don’t support the original hardwired chime. Some competitors do but hopefully the chime will only be like $19.99 or less.
I got an Amazon Echo in the living room and office and a bunch of dots around the house. Hopefully I can configure which ones will act as a chime as I don’t want the bedroom ones to go off when the doorbell is pressed.

2 Likes

Exactly, I also read that it comes with the doorbell so I really hope there is no need for any extra purchases to make this thing work???

1 Like

I hope it is released today and ships this month :pray:t5:

Hopefully! :grinning:

me too … but we have been waiting for too long. let’s hope they announce today.

1 Like

I may have jumped to conclusions on the chime being separate. The way the documentation is written it sounds like it is, but that may have been done just wrt setup.

1 Like

I did a search on doorbell installation. There is no microSD support, video is held in the cloud. A little disappointed about that.

5 Likes

That would have def gave the competition a run for their money!!! Hopefully there is not that much latency and, app settings for detection zones this would def be worth it despite not having the extra storage. It would also be nice if the firmware allowed RTSP that way you can set the recordings to record on a NAS drive or something. We will see.

1 Like

I just hope it looks like a doorbell. :wink:

1 Like

If the doorbell can only take video lasting for 12 seconds with a 5 minute cold down period it will not be much use. A delivery guy puts a package in front of your door and a thief will have 5 minutes to steal the package. Hope Wyze is not playing the trick of asking customers to pay a subscription to get complete motion monitoring.

1 Like

I hope so because they way my front entrance to my house is setup I will def need it especially since the doorbell is wired and not battery powered…

1 Like

Oh wow I did not know this??? Where did you find the info? I would like read up on this…

Does anyone know what time today this announcement is happening?

$29.99 that’s a steal! Got mine ordered!

1 Like

Yey. The Wyze doorbell is online for pre-order https://wyze.com/wyze-doorbell.html. Just got mine :raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5:

2 Likes

Ordered mine as well, 29.99 is a terrific price. Looks like January delivery. I’ll probably opt for the CamPlus, hope they don’t raise the price by then.

2 Likes

Just ordered mine as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is available to pre-order now.

Vance Sims

1 Like

Really disappointed it requires a subscription for PD, and doesn’t have MicroSD card access. It’s like a WCO, but wired and with chimes. I’ll probably buy one anyway and hope someone hacks it to work with Home Assistant so that PD and everything is then free. Worst case scenario I can use it for my bedroom instead (make kids use a doorbell for my room :slight_smile: then keep using normal V2’s and sensors for my front door. Hard to really complain about $30 for a video doorbell though.

1 Like

The 12 second recording time comes from Wyze announcement
" Free Cloud Storage Included

Standard motion detection records 12‑second videos and stores them in the cloud for rolling 14 days for free."

The 5 minute cold down period is from Wyze V2 camera. I cannot find the cold down period specification in the Wyze doorbell.

However if you subscribe to their CamPlus plan $14.99 per year per camera you can have unlimited motion recording. “Wyze Cams already record 12 seconds of motion every 5 minutes for free. Cam Plus records unlimited motion whenever it’s detected so you capture the full story”