Video Doorbell

I just want a Wyze Video Doorbell, yesterday. Cheering for you Wyze! Get this thing out the door and onto our doors!! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just saw an add for a new doorbell competitor Kangaroo for $20. Hopefully Wyze can come in strong with a similar price point! The Kangaroo doorbell also looks a little more eye pleasing.

https://info.heykangaroo.com/doorbell-camera-presale

1 Like

Thanks, Nirav, that’s much more like it. The camera is barely visible.

Might want to check this out first: https://www.cnet.com/news/kangaroos-20-smart-doorbell-has-a-catch/

1 Like

Yes. There is always a catch to something so cheap. I was like bet theres a video doorbell for $20. Then you post this link…

Hm. Yea. Looks like tons of drawbacks with that Kangaroo one. But will give it to them that their design blows away the Wyze one.

3 Likes

Yeah, but I bet that thing is huge! I didn’t see any specs, but if it take 3 AA batteries, it may be as big as the Ring 2.

1 Like

Will this have integration with the Wyze lock, similar to the “Ring Video Doorbell 2 + Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt”?

Basically when the someone rings the doorbell, the camera is shown on the app along with an lock/unlock button. This way I can let in someone into my door/gate to drop off a package or anything else.

3 Likes

I really hope that’s the case. Google just released a new Google assistant doorbell API so I really hope Wyze sees that and takes advantage of it. Same for Alexa announcements.

1 Like

Yeah I really want to know how well the existing cameras, locks, sensors, and video doorbell will work together as a total solution. If it all works together well, I’ll make the plunge and invest a lot more in the Wyze ecosystem - so far I just have a few cameras and a sensor kit.

3 Likes

It is possible that there can be a tactile button under what appears to be a flat smooth panel.

3 Likes

Found a few more leaked photos

2 Likes

Old news. This is the same article that hit Facebook last month, No new pictures that I see.

1 Like

Just refreshes the disappointment :joy:

It was new to me. :slight_smile:

xkcd: Ten Thousand

7 Likes

I hope the wyze doorbell cam that is viewable on the nest hub. Wanted all cams and senses Wyze for my home. Have had nest and ring not impressed

2 Likes

Yes! I hope Wyze will integrate with Google and Amazon!

2 Likes

Well, Just a few days ago (6/6/2020) it was announced that Google was going to allow better access to Google Assistant for other 3rd party doorbell devices now, including allowing announcements that someone (in general, or a specific person) is at the door. That will be great if they’ll now allow Wyze doorbell or other devices to push announcements to Google hubs and speakers…and assuming Wyze takes advantage of this now that this feature (and other options) are going to be allowed for other doorbells besides Nest.

Please look into this Wyze.
Edit: but, uh…just don’t delay the release date…you can just do an update on it later if it’s going to cause a delay!

5 Likes

Yes please Wyze!! This would very much make me consider the upcoming Wyze doorbell. #wishlist Video Doorbell - #804 by davidnestico2001

1 Like

Doorbell will be a brick if Wyze team does not fix the notifications mess.