Video Doorbell

Will be great to have a Wyze doorbell. I am very impressed with your products.
Thanks Wyze!

1 Like

NO NOT A VIDEO DOORBELL! YES A DOORBELL without a camera attached to it! Have people buy the wyze sense then connect the doorbell to the wyze sense network, when a person comes up and the camera senses movement the doorbell will light up a LED so the person will see it, (Saves on battery as a wireless doorbell) then when pressed a notification comes up on the phone, My son, I, tablet on the wall or someone in the family i give direct access can answer the door through their phone and speak through the camera to that said person, with the Wyze door lock they can unlock the door and let the person in then the door will auto lock or your phone will notify you that the door was not shut all the way. also different color and styles of doorbells that light up when the camera sense movement. Nickle metal ones or just plastic ones.

3 Likes

Thanks to all! Great ideas and exciting news!

1 Like

What I did is have a wyze cam v2 near the door looking out & used a contact sensor to act as a triggering device. The electromagnet in the door bell chime can trigger as a close single for the contact sensor when the bell is being ring. Which activates the recording.

2 Likes

Can you post pictures?

Here is a YouTube of how to do what @hellinvader is talking about.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1HSlW_rC_1o

2 Likes

wow what a great video that guy must really know what he is talking about :wink:

also if anyone is just looking to make a door bell out of a sensor you can try this

I will try and improve on it soon but I am currently working on a switch. But if anyone prints it please feedback is welcome. Once I am more confident in it maybe I will put it on my etsy store

1 Like

I definitely vote for the Wyze Doorbell and wish it to be wireless (power source) so that zero effort required for installation. A motion triggered cam is enough to monitoring package delivery and people approaching the door.

@WyzeGwendolyn any update on this? I would love to have wyze’s version of a ring doorbell. I know people find workarounds, but I am not that tech savvy that I can create some of the stuff they are.

2 Likes

Hello @alli.kappes and welcome to the community.

The video doorbell is currently in testing, usually the next update will come when it is ready for release to early access buyers.

3 Likes

That is wonderful to hear!! Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like