Video Doorbell

Good point, I know there are people here that watch the fcc posting, once the doorbell hits the fcc, someone will let us know.

1 Like

Maybe they are going to announce the rest of the 2020 product rollouts. They said the outdoor cam is next, but perhaps we’ll see what is coming after that.

1 Like

yeah that would be cool, there are several products on the roadmap that I’m interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

the teaser pic looked a lot more like the outdoor cams mini deathstar.

You’re not alone, in fact I’m using Galaxy S10 with Android 10 and latest security patch, still not getting prompt notification when phone is sitting idle long enough. Wyze’s app support report does not work either…

3 Likes

Yup! The dreaded Android 6+ Doze problem. Hope they can fix it and soon!

3 Likes

I was also waiting for the doorbell. I would have purchased it today if they had released it

Just purchased the outdoor cam today! Definitely sad the doorbell wasn’t part of today’s release. Hopefully they’re delaying it to change up the external design :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

So sad i can’t pre order because they don’t ship to Canada :rage:

2 Likes

Same!!! I even said i’ll pay a little more for Canadian shipping

Not to mention upgrade their server first…ordering took an hour of:

Crash - Refresh - Refresh - Refresh - FINALLY! Click submit - Crash - Refresh Refresh Refresh - FINALLY! Click submit - Crash

It was insanity.

Anyway, Doorbell can’t launch until they submit it for approval by the FCC. That means based on the timeline of what we saw with the outdoor cam, once we get notice it’s under review by the FCC, you can expect another 2 months before the announcement and then another 2 months to receive it. And if it was that close to launch, they might’ve just waited on this launch.

Basically the soonest we’ll see the Video Doorbell is December or 2021.

4 Likes

haha! I doubt it would take that long, outdoor cam is a different beast, with different challenges so hopefully the doorbell will be much quicker

Dave Crosby just said it’s on his front door and coming soon :wink:

1 Like

Even so, it would take another month to go to Canada :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Unfortunately yup :pensive: :canada:

Next time we have to follow the FCC bouncing ball, yes. Since they were making such a big deal about the announcement I foolishly expected the combo deal of WCO and doorbell.

2 Likes

Long time Lurker, First time Poster!

As a technical Director of a Home Security and Home Automation company I would like to Chime in.
SLIM, SLIM, SLIM, SLIM… With all the doorbells on the Market and the quality of the cameras and analytics the cameras allow the size of the doorbell itself is the biggest complaint across the board.
PLEASE MAKE A SLIM DOORBELL, Pretty Please!!!
I have installed doorbells across many different platforms from ring, arlo, eufy, skybell, nest and even Vivints doorbell (which by the way is the best looking and easiest installed doorbell out there, but you have to be on their security service) and again size is huge when you are installing 10-15 a day and have many different walks of life and styles with houses. If possible take notes from the vivint doorbell.

I was hoping for the announcement to include a doorbell as well as the outdoor cam. I am ready to get away from multiple options and start offering my customer 1 platform to suffice all their needs. This being said, if anyone here knows of or knows how to get a hold of someone here at Wyze to create a dealer partner I would be 2000% interested.Point me in the right direction or send me any contact info if possible.

Again, Long time Lurker and User, First time Poster. Hope everyone is staying well and I cannot wait until whats next.

Thank You all in advance.

3 Likes

Okay, but Wyze does not sell security cameras? You said you wanted to move toward one platform for your security business…

Symantics. I believe many people are using the cameras for some type of security on some type of level.

Yes of course but it seems… unwise for a “Home Security” integrator to hitch its star to a vendor that disavows home security, that’s all.