Video Doorbell

Thanks!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wyze cam user, but not a “regular” community member. Few hundred posts since last visit. Fast skimmed the posts. Probably missed what I need to know. So there are a few user tester with the video doorbell out there? Checked on the Beta site and saw no feedback. Only checked back to the beginning of this year.

Status of video doorbell? Wyze are you willing to list the pre-production specs? I understand that the final product and specs may differ. Spec including price within +/- $50(USD).

Lots of competition out there. Just noticed that Anker markets a video doorbell. The eufy Security. Standalone, hardwired & battery, Sony sensor… Like Wyze all costs are upfront(no subscription service), but no cloud storage. Totally standalone. Bit pricey at $150.

Have had no issues with the two Wyze cams owned. Very rural up here. My user id 32590 is how and necessary for emergency service via some data set linked to GPS coordinates locates me. Internet hiccups and power failures have been the issue. Not always at home to reboot the cameras. Functional for my specific needs. Inexpensive to purchase and own. Prefer to stick with Wyze. But the wait is getting long…

1 Like

Hi, @noelh32590. Yes, the doorbell is still in testing. Wyze normally doesn’t release specs or prices until they announce Early Access (EA) purchase for their products. When it does get announced, expect it to show up in the #news (from Wyze) category. Remember, EA products are in limited quantity. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I saw a couple of threads today on Facebook concerning the availability date of the lock. But, it was announced on Instagram only? I don’t happen to use that platform. And I have not seen any other “official” announcements on FB or here on the Wyze Forums.
It would be nice if they made those types of announcements with a little more fanfare and on multiple platforms.
@UserCustomerGwen

3 Likes

See this: Wyze product updates - 02-17-2020

You may want to follow this category: #news

2 Likes

@Loki, thanks! I did see the FB post by @UserCustomerGwen shortly after I made my post. I am excited to see all of the new products that are coming out and am eternally grateful to be beta testing a couple of them now.

2 Likes

We had some small edits to make to the big announcement post for the multiple products and the Instagram post went out early in the morning to catch the higher activity hours on Instagram. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, Gwendolyn. And that’s something I wouldn’t know. I only have FB, no Instagram or Twitter.

Oh, the big announcement was VERY informative. Hopefully, it will reduce some of the “when are we going to see” questions. But, you will see an uptick in the “does it have” questions. :wink:

2 Likes

“Are we there, yet???”

3 Likes

Please ensure this has Alexa and Google integration!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there wouldn’t be a point to them even starting this project if the doorbell didn’t have that. Also, that would make it different than all of their other products.

1 Like

Well I was concerned they might only support one or the other, supporting Alexa and Google would be ideal.

1 Like

While Wyze does have integration with both, the Alexa integration is a lot more stable than the GH. Wyze uses AWS servers so it is a more direct integration.

1 Like

I’ve had absolutely zero trouble with my bulbs and smart outlets using Google Assistant. Actually, I have to say, it works better than LG’s integration with Google Home (I have two LG smart air conditioners) and… I mean, LG makes Android devices. They should have Google figured out.

WyzeGwendolyn I know that the Video Door bell beta program is already in progress, but if there is a need for someone who has two Eufy Doorbell cameras, a Wyze Lock and a Wyze Cam Pan at the front door, to do comparison testing, I’m available. I’m already in the WCO beta group too.

2 Likes

We are discussing the doorbell camera, not the outlet or bulbs. The transcoding needed to get video from Wyze camera feed on AWS to the Google servers and back to the GH displays is well documented in this forum.

Yes! Perhaps two form factors: one in the expected form factor using the existing doorbell wiring and a second utilizing an existing peephole with the cube on the inside of the door battery operated. The outside consisting of a faceplate with a prominent button. Actually, both solutions could be provided in the box so the purchaser does not have to make a separate solution. Price? Say $35-$40.

4 Likes

I agree but for me personal I have a patio door that someone have to go throw to get to my front door. I leave it locked because of the glass patio door in my room and living room. Plus my wash room is outside on the patio as well. Having a doorbell with a camera allow me to see who is outside without me wasting my time if I don’t want to let them in. :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t have power anyplace near where I’d use a doorbell cam but I could replace my existing button with a cam using the existing power supply and satisfy a need to simply watch for package deliveries or see who might be at the door in the event I don’t want to talk to them. Plus where I do have a V2 cam inside looking out, it wouldn’t allow for 2 way audio at the door. Ive tried and it doesn’t work well. The V2 also picks up shadows from tree branches as motion so alerts are all too frequent and no audible alerts when phone is locked so of little value to alert someone, a human, is at the door. in a timely fashion. For your needs a doorbell cam has no value, for others it could a be convenient device.

1 Like