Video Doorbell

Can’t wait, would definitely want to be an early adopter for this!

As far as testing goes, any chance would the devs be open to have some local users take on QA beta testing for a prototype to provide user experience feedback? Asking for a friend :blush:

It’s possible! And in the meantime, you should definitely fill out the hardware testing section of this form if you haven’t done so yet. The line is pretty dang long at this point so you should reserve your position now if you want in for hardware testing later. :slight_smile:

Become a Beta Tester | Wyze

1 Like

Need a way to make the camera cordless. I had to run three cables to put a camera at my front door, upstairs apartment. Or maybe a video doorbell!!

1 Like

Can Wyze invent a doorbell camera? RING doorbell had the concept, but it’s terrible. Only works 50% of the time if that. Lot’s of bugs with RING and up to thirty second lag time. If Wyze creates a doorbell camera that works – it will outsell RING which was just bought by Amazon for a Billion Dollars! Please Wyze – see what you can do! RING has a powered one that you drill a hole and plug it into a regular outlet inside the house.

1 Like

The use of angle brackets or a pan capability have been mentioned a few times, and it is a real unsolved issue for those of us with a doorbell mounted perpendicular to the door. I use both horizontal and vertical brackets for my Skybell, trying to get both the approach and package placement areas. It looks pretty weird. A way to adjust the viewing angle without using “wedges” would be great.

Yes please a video doorbell with continuous record capability on a micro SD would be perfect. Perhaps have an option for battery and door belpower.

1 Like

Love all the security tools that you guys have out and recommend them to our friends! The only thing that’s missing is a doorbell similar to ring but not his damn expensive. Keep up the great work.

Yes please. Some type of doorbell camera would be amazing. Apartment and condo dwellers would benefit more from a peephole mounted camera. I wouldn’t want something that would either get stolen/damaged or break my covenants. Just got my first two V2s today and love them. Will definitely be adding more.

Small doorbell unit would be cool. Seems like an obvious addition to the growing lineup. Would be happy to have a doorbell with the v2 camera and a better speaker. Maybe a little battery powered chime unit too? Rechargeable battery to operate camera for short periods of time after doorbell is pressed or close field motion detection.

Video door bell with a motion sensor good enough to detect a person at about 10 feet is what I need.
We get numerous Amazon deliveries where the guy stops at about 10 feet from the door, tosses the package, snaps a picture, then rushes off.

You can get Amazon Logistics drivers on your porch!!! We are calling 2-3 times a week because they just toss it from the driveway. We’re lucky if it makes it to the top of the wheelchair ramp. We’ve gotten to the point where we’re submitting videos of the drivers actions to Amazon.

That’s what I’m talking about! my “porch” is only a doorstep.

Thanks to Wyze I’m usually able to get to the package quickly.

Hi Gwendolyn…for me the wyze cams cover me…the ring etc cam has flaws in reality…one of which many may not realize…I work for a well known pkg del company. I hv reached the point that if I see a video dr bell I will knock instead…many times these cams will call a phone…ive had them answer from another state…but bottom line is time…when someone answers that is not home they may try to debate w u to wait for them or while they call a neighbor…our goal is customer service but we have to keep on the move…there is a delicate balance…most people understand this but I avoid the few irrationals by not ringing unless they hv to sign…just fyi…i know other drivers in voiced the same

2 Likes

10 feet would be good, but a bit less sensitive would be ideal…even though the current PIR states 26 feet it feels like its more capable of things that or 35-40 feet… :slight_smile:

Please please please make a peep hole camera for apartment buildings that can work with google home hub screen

When/If Wyze comes out with a doorbell I will try my hardest to be first on the pre-order list! Love everything Wyze is doing and so excited to see them grow and come out with more products to better users lives!

2 Likes

Yes I agree a doorbell cam would be great I actually can’t wait till you guys make your own so I am going to take a cam cube v2 apart and re-purposed it to replace a door peephole and wire the optional sensor to the doorbell .
I will keep you posted how it’s going.

1 Like

That’s awesome. Keep us posted definitely. I too will be on the pre order list. Video doorbell is a must!! I have a camera now but would much rather the doorbell. Love the sensor, they respond quickly and I love the ability to record video once motion is detected at the sensor. Great job Wyze!!

I haven’t pulled a contact sensor apart to see if it has accessible contacts to attach a button, but I’m sure you could use one of the little PIR sensors to just activate camera.

I’ve been testing a DB cam by a lock company ( between July and September) that was recently released to the public and then recalled within a week. I’d rather see Wyze take their time and get it right than test something for over 6 months, have it consistently fail the tests, release it anyway and then have to issue a public apology and offer refunds to all the people who spent $200+ on a defective device.

Been hearing on the news about video doorbells being stolen. Perhaps a peephole style video doorbell with the majority of the components on the inside of the door makes more sense as a theft deterrent. Also it should be easier to power from inside the door.

1 Like