Video Doorbell Pro Battery Charge Percentage not Shown

Still missing

3 Likes

I set a bookmark alarm to remind me to make sure someone adds this to the next Fix-It-Friday thread if it’s not updated by then.

6 Likes

Just thought I’d mention that the battery percentage has now also been removed from Android in the latest Beta update that came out yesterday/today. This makes me wonder if it was intentional or is a bug.

3 Likes

Well, if the reaction on Discord was any indication (for those not on that platform), most people didn’t notice and it hadn’t been reported as a bug to the development team.

There’s now a log and internal tracker for this (as of earlier today), so we can hope we’ll see the numeric percentage return in a beta soonish.

Was reported in the beta thread

1 Like

I have been informed that this (removing the battery numerical percentage) isn’t a bug and that Wyze intentionally removed the battery percentage from the Video Doorbell Pro ( it used to show as follows):

Thus I wanted to explain that since I am told this isn’t a bug, I personally will no longer be submitting this issue in the “Fix It Friday” event as a “bug” as I previously said I would, since it was reportedly not an accident (Fix It Friday is supposed to be about Bugs). I do not have any information as to why it was removed. If anyone else wants to report this in the Fix It Friday event to see if Wyze will explain why this change occurred or whether it will also be happening to other devices, and if not, why this one…I will still vote on your submission as I would still love to hear the answers. Here is the Fix It Friday Event:

But if it really is not considered a bug anymore, it may not qualify for consideration this event. Regardless, I would encourage everyone who wants this percentage to return to be shown again, to vote for it as a feature request in the wishlist here:

Thanks.

It looks like someone posted about this in the Discord Fix it Friday event, so feel free to vote on it there if you have Discord:

1 Like

Thank you for finding out. I have voted.

Chris

1 Like

I have Android and it stop showing the battery percentage as well. Last time it didn’t even send me the notification that it was running low on battery and it went off without me noticing. Any solution yet? .

1 Like

I got the notifications that my VDBPros were running low on battery but I do not see the battery percentage. It’s pretty annoying.

2 Likes

From what I’ve heard in various places, this might have been done intentionally to cut down on support requests. If true, the concern is that people would look at the battery level frequently and if the battery level went down a lot in one day, people wouldn’t realize the drop was because the VDBP was very active that day, but would assume there was something wrong with the VDBP and then contact support.

If true, this is exactly the wrong thing to do, because they are just upsetting people and getting support requests about the battery display rather than the percentage drop.

The right way, in my opinion, would be to make the battery percentage optional, but off by default. If you go into the settings, the app could then explain why you might see random battery level drops and that this is expected and normal behavior. Thus, fewer support requests while still enabling exact percentages.

I think there is a wish list item here on the forums to add the battery percentage display back to the app.

3 Likes

Yes, there is a wishlist for it, please vote for this to come back here:

5 Likes

Where is the battery % for the doorbell pro? How am I supposed to know if it is fully charged to 100% before I unplug it from charging? -annoyed

2 Likes

There is no more % for the battery, it’s been removed. For now view the graphic, when it is solid blue/green/blue-green (whatever someone wants to call that color) with no black on the right side, then it is 100%.

Welcome to the community @MichaelTC

As @carverofchoice just showed, on the main screen is an image of the batter with green being the level

It is there on other devices, but not this one.

Amazing, I could have sworn I saw it there when I was on battery testing the device.

Good Catch, thanks

It may have used to be there, I am not sure, but it is not there now either way.

2 Likes

It’s removal was unfortunately intentional, based on the latest reply from Wyze support.
See the post above for the other discussion that’s been opened for more, and to vote to get it back. :disappointed:

I am on Android, Device Firmware version 1.0.66
Having Battery % display is a toggle under Settings \ Advanced Settings

Weird issue for me is sometimes the % indicator shows plugged in and my doorbell is definitely NOT plugged in. ie., switches between % charge and icon with battery + plug

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.