Video Doorbell No Power?

Just installed doorbell but no lights or sound. Not sure how there is no power. Follow step by step instructions. Any tips?

1 Like

The first thing to check is the transformer. What is the power rating? Have you verified that there is power coming out?

1 Like

Doorbell was working before I removed and installed new cam-bell from Wyze. Any suggestions on best way to test power in transformer and then correct power reaches doorbell? I have a multimeter but never use it :wink:

How old is the transformer? It has to be at least 16 V and 10 VA. I replaced my transformer (it was at least 40 years old) with this:

Hopefully you have easy access to it and can see if there is anything printed on it or if there is a label. You said you followed the installation instructions, so you have bypassed the old chime with the provided fuse. I would suggest you start by checking wire continuity. Power off the transformer and using the ohm meter make sure there are no breaks in the wires. If you are not comfortable doing that, I suggest you either ask a friend who knows how or talk to an electrician.

Short of being there to see what the set up is, it’s hard to help much. Sorry.

2 Likes

This was a help - thank you! I hope this helps others also who may need a new transformer.
I found a fault in a wire and was able to cut the wire and strip it to reconnect removing the fault. Now I can measure 18V at the back of the doorbell and all is well!
Thanks again!

2 Likes

I was just going to go hunt one down this afternoon. thanks for the post. might just get it on amazon!

2 Likes