Very Disappointed with Wyze Video Doorbells

I’m not sure about it making sense. Nothing does any more! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But it is a plausible explanation and the drop in detection efficiency did coincide with the FW update (.042) that introduced the rotation blip when the cam loads… supposedly as a result of the same coding in the update that made the video compatible with the Monitoring Tab feed (HMS).

The only reason I know this Is because the same exact update (.042) caused a 90° rotation of my TinyCam Pro feed of the doorbell. I posted a reply at that time to @MrMovie, who discovered the flaw about a week after it was released.

It is the exact same update that caused the 3 of 3 loading issue… Which may very well be the same flawed video rotation coding. However that is just my theory as correlation does not = causation.

This was the update that was pulled from the servers because of Cam bricking.

4.25.1.042 (March 30, 2022)

• Added support for Alexa and Google Assistant integration
  • Fixed a timestamp issue that caused persisting Error 06 on Wyze Video Doorbell Event videos
  • Fixed a bug that caused inaccurate offline statuses
  • Fixed a video rotation issue in Wyze Home Monitoring
  • Fixed a bug that prevented night vision changes
  • Fixed a bug that displayed incorrect chime firmware versions in Device Info
  • Fixed a bug that prompted updating when using the most recent update
  • Fixed a bug that prevented future setup after a Wi-Fi disconnection during pairing

Note: We are pausing this firmware while we look into the cause of reports of longer loading times for live streams or connections failing at step 3/3. We apologize to anyone impacted by this issue.