Very bright orb, what is it?

What are you talking about. Of course there is. Your camera is shining near infrared light at the bug and the bug is reflecting light back to the camera.

What kinda bug do you think it could be :thinking:

It’s just so odd, the way it moves and changes direction :woman_shrugging:t2:

Are you reading through the responses? One proffered theory is a spider. Bugs (especially ones traversing their own web) are certainly wont to “change direction”. Nothing remotely odd.

1 Like

Yes I’m reading through the responses.

Hi, @kay.colours

There are many videos/discussions about orbs that you can look at in the Wyze Forum.

I found this post that has a similar looking orb like the one in your video.

1 Like

:grin: wow, those are cool. Thank you so much.

1 Like

You’re quite welcome @kay.colours :nerd_face:.

Laser pointer.

By the way, is this a contest-type post where the general public gets to throw out answers and debate, or do you honestly not know what that thing is?

I have no idea what it is :pleading_face::flushed:

What I noticed is there is a shadow on the step like a reflection of the orb. That has to mean there is something physical.

Yes, the light from the camera"s LED can cast the bug’s shadow.

“The bugs are crawling from inside the house!”

1 Like

Hi,
I have seen this a lot on my outside camera. It is a spider web, and spider is very close to the front of the camera, and not in the focus range of the camera.
You don’t see the web because it is so thin and almost not visible even if focused. The spider legs the same, The spider body is illuminated by the cameras internal IR light, which is why it is so bright.

1 Like

Spiders do move AND change direction

I agree. It still seems odd :thinking:

It’s the opposite of odd. Perhaps you are joking.

It’s still seems odd.

That’s what you replied to and agreed with. In your opinion what part of that is odd?

Ah, never mind.

Sorry, error in wording, still have asleep.