Vehicle or Package Notifications

Anybody else experiencing issues receiving notifications for vehicle or package events? I get person and regular motion notifications but no vehicle or package notifications. The events show up in the app but never get a notification. Open a couple tickets with support but still no luck.

Tried all the common things like disable/enable cam plus on the camera. Tried a different device…android and iOS. Same issues.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums! Do the events get tagged correctly in the event tab? What are your camera notification settings?

Example:

Now if you go into Account, then services, then camplus, then click on the camera, what are those settings?

Example:

1 Like

The events are tagged correctly. I just don’t get a push notification for them.

For troubleshooting try turning on “all mother motion”. It looks right the way you have it now but just for troubleshooting try this.

Same issue since they had véhicule and package detection. Tagged correctly but never received notifications for vehicle on iOS.

1 Like

When I turn on all notifications, I get everything…a lot of notifications.

1 Like

Ha! welcome to notification hell :upside_down_face:

Haha.

I am also having the same issue with my v3 cam. I just came here to see if anyone else was having the same issue. It looks like I am not alone.

1 Like

Wyze’s AI Detection (Person, Package, Vehicle) is highly unreliable, IMO. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. A camera reboot sometimes fixes it, sometimes it doesn’t.

Wyze will just blame the user’s internet connection (or some other tomfoolery nonsense). The funny part is, I have two Wyze v2 cameras pointing at the same direction. At least a few times a week, one camera’s detection completely stops working (no AI events logged) while the other still picks it up.

It’s absolutely a software issue. This garbage never happened back in 2019/early 2020 (before Wyze migrated to CamPlus). And to think Wyze has the audacity to market a security monitoring service. :person_facepalming:

1 Like

It used to work not too long ago. I just noticed recently that it stopped. My person detection works flawlessly. Yet vehicle and package do not. I have gigabit internet and I do not have any problems with any other cameras not having enough bandwidth or whatever. I have tried rebooting the cam but it did not help at all. Please, Wyse, fix this as I like my v3 other than this problem.

Thanks!

Tim Burton

I have the reverse issue where my Person Detection often stops working out of the blue, but generally, Vehicle and Package work more often Person. Sometimes, Events will stop logging altogether.

1 Like

I’ve never had vehicle detection work and I’m using a V3 camera with CamPlus.

Cam V3, Cam Plus. If I have Person Detection and Vehicle Detection ON, it does not detect a vehicle moving into the field of view by itself.

If a person walks into the field of view including the vehicle, it will detect both the person and the vehicle.

If I turn off person detection and leave vehicle detection on, it will detect a vehicle entering the cameras field of view. But, it no longer detects persons entering the field of view. Sigh.

Check your settings and detection zone. The camera does not initially detect a “vehicle” or a “person”. It detects movement then uploads the detected clip to the cloud where the clip is analysed and tagged person, vehicle, pet etc depending on whats in view. If the camera is not detecting movement that is a vehicle entering frame, either the sensitivy settings arnt high enough, the area is excluded via detection zone etc.

Can you post a clip where the vehicles arnt being tagged? Have you submitted then to help the ai.learn?

I tested with Person and Vehicle detection on, then drove my vehicle into the Cam V3’s field of view. No notification of vehicle detection, but if I get out of the car I get person and vehicle detection combined.

I then turned off Person Detection, leaving only Vehicle Detection on and drove the vehicle into the field of view and Cam Plus triggered Vehicle detection ONLY.

Bill

Are you adjusting the camplus settings in the camplus Services menu, or are you adjusting the event tab display filters? Your screenshot is of the event tab. for troubleshooting and testing remove all filters from the event tab so everything is shown.

Yes, adjusting settings in Cam Plus Services menu.` I am not adjusting any display filters whatsoever.

I illustrated the issue using the event tab since it showed all relevant information. Namely, Picture of the initial event and what triggered the events, Person, and or Vehicle.

1. If Person detection is enabled and Vehicle detection is enabled, Cam Plus cannot detect only the motion of a vehicle in the field of view. If a person moves into the field of view that contains a stationary vehicle then it will show both Person and Vehicle as detected. Vehicle only movement in the field of view in this scenario does not cause a vehicle detection event to fire.

2. If Person detection is disabled and Vehicle detection is enabled, Cam Plus detects the movement of a vehicle into the field of view. Since Person detection is disabled, only vehicle detection is possible in this scenario.

Note: Sensitivity settings were not changed between #1 and #2.

This appears to be a detection logic issue when both Person Detection and Vehicle Detection is enabled, since Vehicle movement only detection is not possible with these settings.

Please advise if there is a method to have Person movement detection or Vehicle movement Detection to cause a notification and recording event to occur. This is currently restricted to only Person movement detection.

Bill

The simple fact is that the CamPlus AI doesn’t work right. I keep getting vehicle and people notifications of a parked car when people walk their dog past it. We are not getting what we paid for!

Please Wyze invest more into making your software right and fixing it quickly when there are bugs. You still haven’t fixed the pink flash issue with V2 and Pan cameras. How many more months is it going to take? How about close down the new product development department and hire more programmers?!