Vacuum Quick Mapping - Under sofa inaccessible

Feedback to the mapping team…

Using the Quick mapping option to map the layout of the ground floor - it works remarkably well, however, it scans the sofas (2 of them, which are on legs, and have sufficient clearance to get under) and marks the areas as inaccessible.

So, when I do a scheduled cleaning using the selected room - it will vacuum around the sofas.
However, if I do an ad-hoc cleaning, the unit will correctly vacuum beneath.

Is there any way to either fix this, or add an option in the map editor to manually adjust the map data?

Thanks

1 Like

Hello, have you found a solution to this, or received any feedback? I just got my robot and noticed the same thing.
At first time use, I did not run a QUick Mapping but went straight to clean, and it did vacuum under the sofas. However, it was traveling very inefficiently since it had to build a map and vacuum-scan it at the same time.
I reset the map and did Quick Mapping first, and at that point the scanning strategy seemed much better. However, it did go around the sofas and not underneath :frowning:

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

I have a similar challenge.

An entire room was missed on the Quickmap. General Cleaning will get it. But short of redoing the initial mapping, and redoing all of my rooms again, I can’t erase one line to be able to add that room.

Can we please get the ability to further edit the map? Seems like an easy fix.

Thanks!!