Vacuum map rooms edit

After updating app yesterday I was able to split big rooms. It war in the fix list 8f the release.

Thanks. I checked and I have the latest app and firmware. I can split rooms if I draw a line between perimeter walls, but it won’t let me split rooms between interior walls like a doorway.

same here. I cannot split using a horizontal line. The end point jumps up to the top right corner or bottom corner of the room.

Just to update from my last post. With the latest iOS update I can successfully split rooms pretty much anywhere. Internal walls, doorways, etc. :+1:t2:

Interesting. I am an Android user, so maybe the fix just isn’t there yet for Android. Hopefully soon…

I am on android as well not seeing it fixed, please post platform and app version if you are getting it to work (most interested on connecting inside walls)

It works on the iPhone again! I’m so glad I saw this thread. It has been very frustrating because I finally got the whole first floor mapped but it mapped it as one giant room. Very glad they fixed it.

I have an iPhone 11 pro and still cannot split rooms unless one hook is on an outside wall. I have the latest app and firmware and even rebooted the app and still can’t get it to work.

If the hardware can’t split from an existing split internal wall then hopefully they will allow us to split two unmerged but attached rooms to reach an outside wall. I would rather have small “subrooms” than have to use several virtual walls to limit the cleaning to only my kitchen.

I have the exact same issue. I am using a bunch of virtual walls now to clean my kitchen. I have tried both the Android and Apple apps, same issue. I cannot split rooms with an interior wall. I have not tried to re-map with the iPhone app yet (I did the original mapping from an Android phone), but I suspect the drawing of the map is more firmware driven than app driven.

1 Like

I have an iPhone my app is version 2.17.42 and my robot has firmware 1.6.97. I can only edit the map on exterior walls. Do I have to remap to be able to split a room at a doorway?

I have iOS with the same problem. The vacuum only recognizes walls that are continuous with the perimeter. Any wall not attached to the perimeter are treated as a piece of furniture and will not allow you to anchor to it in the map editor.

Just adding my name to the list of people who can’t anchor to interior walls. This is frustrating because literally every room of my house except for one is defined by interior walls, so my house is divided into “Laundry Room” and “Everything Else.” I hope there’s an update soon.

2 Likes

I too am having issues not being able to pin to an interior wall. It seems to assume the walled area is just an object/obstacle in the room (like furniture) not an actual wall.

In the pictures below, you can see that my home has a loop around the staircases going upstairs and down to the basement.

Like I said before, I believe it thinks it is just an obstacle in the center of a massive room. I don’t think that pinning to obstacles makes sense, because that would be a pain. However, if I could classify that “obstacle” as a walled off area instead, then the existing software logic for dividing rooms should work.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps improve the feature! This vacuum is awesome and does a great job. This would just allow me to actually use the rooms feature!

2 Likes

My robot vacuum just finished its initial cleaning and room mapping. The quality of the cleaning and thoroughness of the mapping was fantastic.

My issue is the same as this thread, the map editing function needs some serious upgrades. I have an open floor plan home and it mapped a single room. The ability to anchor to interior walls and create new ‘rooms’ should be a top priority. Not only is this needed to divid rooms, but offer the flooring differs between sections requiring it’s own cleaning level.

I just got mine to do mapping and its recoginizing internal wall as some obstacle, so cannot split the rooms in the map.
@WyzeTeam - can you please get this fixed? Thanks

2 Likes

Got Wyze Vac for Christmas. Finally had time to set it up. Vac works great but, as stated many times in this thread, the room splitting feature in the app is not great. Running android on a bigger screen tablet and even tried using a mouse to be more precise in setting the boundaries. I was able to split some ok, but I cannot do all that I want to do (for example, I can’t split up my foyer from kitchen).

I also agree with other comments about rescanning…you should be able to rescan one room without having to rescan the entire floor say, for instance, if you move a piece of furniture within the same room like a chair.

Wyze - please make this better. I may purchase another for another floor in my house!!

I also had the problem with splitting on interior walls. I discovered a “hack” that some of you may be able to use to making the splitting work a little better.

My house has the stairways and pantry in the middle of the house, and the app would not let me split on the walls that are a part of that. I built a “temporary wall” using the empty Wyze boxes in one of the doorways while doing the mapping. This caused the app to treat the interior walls of the stairway as part of the perimeter, and I can now split on them. The fake wall is circled here on my map.

Regarding editing the map, can you introduce freeform mapping…having to drap endpoints on a mobile phone sux, splitting rooms inst the best, especially when you cant see where the walls are under your finger. Freeform mapping would be the best option for creating rooms/zones, but just adding the functionality for when splitting a room the line changes from red to green if you arent out of border would help when your finger basically covers where you are thing to select a border wall.

I am thinking deck1 hit the nail on head - it appears that you cannon spilt rooms using interior walls, IMHO that is a major deficiency. I have not tried his hack.

As for the retroblu suggestion, I did try using a high precision mouse with a zoomed in view on a tablet to be more exact, but this did not work. It did enable me to get my finger out of the way to “see” the walls.

Sure hope Wyze gets this better. It is shaky and, speaking from one who has developed a bit of sw and managed many sw dev projects, I can’t believe it would be that difficult to improve.

1 Like

Why can’t we just split a room with virtual wall!?! Lots of people have open concept home! Come on Wyze! This is not that hard.

1 Like