Vaccum map messed up

Once again, my robot is completely lost and the map has turned by about 30 degrees. This is the 5th time it’s happened in as many weeks. Each time I have to clear the map and start over again, only to have it do the same thing again.

It hasn’t completed a full cleaning cycle in almost 2 months because of this.

Getting really tired of this and am thinking of going back to the “dumb” Neato Botvac I used for years with little to no issues.

What firmware are you using? they had found the issue and a solution for this not long ago and released it…maybe using an older FW version?

I’m a beta tester, so I’m usually at the front edge of updates. Yet it happened again.

I have not had a complete cleaning cycle without issues in over 3 months.

1 Like

I second this I had the same issue as well after the update, I’m also a beta tester.

1 Like

Not entirely sure if I’m having the same issue or not but even as a beta tester, I’ve used both the official firmware and the beta updates yet I continue to have similar mapping issues. For the most part it maps accurately, though the vacuum does occasionally decide to go in circles rather than follow the most logical path.

The issue I’ve been having that relates to yours is the map turning issue. None of my rooms ever get vacuumed in a straightforward left to right or up down pattern, it’s always on an odd diagonal path.

One clue I noticed was the fact that the vacuum seems to follow a north-south or east-west pattern, and I think it may relate to the fact that my house position on the road does not perfectly line up to those patterns… That is to say my house and the road are on a diagonal Northeast to Southwest lineup. I’m wondering if this is specifically the vacuum using North Southeast West coordinates or if it’s a problem in the firmware. It would be nice to have the straight lines that so many people show in their maps but I’ve never had it, and I’ve remapped and updated and remapped dozens of times, as well as changing the location of the base station and remapping in other locations in the house, with the same result.