V3 Software Questions

I just received my v3 cams yesterday and the video quality is amazing. I bought these cameras to replace my Canary indoor set up as well as adding outdoor capability. However, I am not sure the v3 cams will do what I want them to do, so I am hoping the community can assist me with something I may have missed in the app.

First, Canary has three separate modes:

• Home Mode (Recording off unless you specifically turn it on. This is so you, your spouse, or anyone else who is set up on your account are not recorded all the time)

• Away Mode (Uses location services on your phone to know when you are not home and records all motion triggered activity while you are away.

• Night Mode (May be programmed to turn on and off at specific times and records all motion triggered activity. We have it set to night mode at midnight each night, and return to home mode at 6:00 am each morning. During these hours the family is generally settled and in bed for the night).

My questions are:

1. Does the Cam Plus or the Wyze app allow something similar?

2. The detection zone for the cameras also seems very basic, one box only. Am I missing something? The Canary and systems I have owned in the past are much more robust in this area, and I feel this is a key feature for outdoor cameras where you may have trees or shrubs on opposite sides of the frame that are subject to being wind blown.

I appreciate any advice or insight. I really like the picture quality, but on the surface the software seems lacking.

Thanks,
Scott