V3 RTSP Firmware Update

I tried to update to the RTSP firmware but I think the instructions are wrong. I added demo.bin to the sd card, I restarted the webcam while pressing the setup button. I don’t think that is right because It goes to that irritating man saying ready to connect.

Does anyone know how to properly update the firmware?

It is important that the name of the file is correct. Here is a link provided by a Wyze employee:

Here is a snippet for the v3:

Download a specific version of firmware, For Windows 10: Right-click on the folder and select extract all. For Mac: Just drag and drop the folder, put it on the root directory of your microSD card. For both Mac and Windows, rename the file to demo_wcv3.bin

WIll try to see if I can find the RTSP Steps as well

EDIT

Here is a link for the RTSP, it is similar to what I mentioned above.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help! The naming is where I went wrong. I figure the instruction page needs updating. I had to revert to a stock firmware then re-try the RTSP and with the correct naming it worked. I guess it tried when it was named demo and got hosed because all connections to the cam went away.

Again many thansk for the pointers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad that I found this post! Just want to add my two cents in case anyone else encountered similar issues: the Micro SD card needs to be formatted as MS-DOS (FAT32) rather than exFAT. Otherwise, it does not recognize the bin and will just go to the regular setup.

Created an account to add to this - I had to try multiple Micro SD cards for my V2 and V3 cameras, ultimately here’s what worked:
64GB Lexar 300x Micro SD XC I U1
Formatted MS-DOS(FAT-32)

What didn’t work:
16GB Blackvue Micro SD Class 10
64GB Samsung EVO Select Micro SD XC I U1
both also formatted. MS-DOS(FAT-32)