V3 Power Question

Can someone please answer me? Does the V3 come with a USB plug or not? Asking before I spend the next 3 days of doing online surveys but if my current power bank set up wont work with these then I can’t buy at the moment. Mom’s house she won’t allow drilling in order to run AC outlets outside. Thanks.

1 Like

@FriendofFeralCats Yes, it will work fine with a power bank. The V3 is powered by USB plug just like the V2 cam.

5 Likes

Oh ok. I saw wired in the description and thought it would need an AC outlet. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the Product Details section of the Wyze v3:

2 Likes

YouTube videos were just posted by select reviewers

I need to figure out how to power it. I will most likely need to use a solar charger option.

1 Like

I can tell you it does work perfectly on a power bank, I ran the V 3 camera on a power bank for 4 days

4 Likes

The description mentions an outside power adapter. Any idea what that means? A actual power source, or a component like the wall plug that goes between the V3 and a portable power bank? @HDRock

1 Like

It is a plugin outdoor power adapter , it’s like a outdoor wall wart

2 Likes

So another question: I don’t need to buy the outdoor thing? Is that white cord from the V3 what plugs into the USB chord? I haven’t seen a video of how it is put together. Meaning since I have the powerbanks I don’t need to buy anything else with this cam right?

no you wont need to buy anything else, it comes with everything you will need just like the V2.

the pigtail that comes from the camera itself edit: is not removable (sealed to the camera) and connects to a power cable similar to the one the V2 uses ( it utilizes a sleeve to cover the connection and make it water proof) and that runs to the power bank.

4 Likes

Thanks. Yes I"ll be using mine outside but I stick the power bank in leak proof fanny packs haha Hey it works for me I just currently have to keep moving my cam if it is going to rain or something.

OK, so unless the V3 is near a outlet then the outdoor adapter does me no good. I see how it is better than the current method where everything is exposed to weather.

I will find a solar power bank that is reliable. I live in a condo so can not run wires and install an outlet that will be visible. I think this will be better than my WCO.

Then I can convert my WCO to Travel Mode and see if the framerate and image clarity are good enough as a dashcam.

I tested it out little with a solar panel I had

1 Like

I decided that until the problems with my current cams and cam plus is resolved I’m not going to buy this. But I’ll keep all of this in mind for if this gets fixed. I mean if there is an issue with uploading to the cloud it will continue with a new V3 so I may as well fuddle with the current V2s. So sad as I really wanted the V3 too. :frowning:

1 Like