V3 person detection inconsistent

I see a lot of posts on “Cam Plus Person detection” not working.

Mines works mostly within 6 ft of my font door.
Sometimes motion detection in the security zone too, stops at 5-6 ft.

I have Cam Plus.
My motion detection range is 30 ft plus.

My V2’s handled that range all to well over the yrs.

Inside my detection zone, May be one or two people per day. One being the mail carrier.

More times than not lately, anything crossing that area n moving away, from the V3’s. Does not get captured at a rate of 90% .

I want to restore that old kind of alert system, once again.
Whether or not it comes up as a person. That’s fine n good.

But, when I get neither, I am not comfortable with that.

I figure, when a car passes by with illegal wide n bright head lights and I get a V3 alert in the dark all night (99% of the time).

I would think humans or animal movement across the zone. Should consistently set off an alert, too !

Does anyone has a fix or recommendation(s) for this ?

Increasing sensitivity on it. Gets me the hedge (globe abbrevite) alerts, when a gentle breeze passes through.

As I said b4 the V2’s did both, people, animals, shrub n illegal headlights movement

I turned up the sensitivity on my V3 last week after I missed part of an event. It will now detect Person at about 35 feet, I have AI events only turned on and sensitivity set at 90%

I’ve the same problem. V3 missing people walking on the side walk and cars. Sensitivity is 100, it was 80 work fine before the last update. I think since they added the little squares for the detection area they messed it up. Of course this is normal for Wyze to enhance one thing and screw something else up.

1 Like

I restored to the previous firmware 4.36.0.280. Works much better like it used to. The custom detection zone is nice if it worked with the same sensitivity. I’ll need to restore my V2 cams also.

1 Like

I will have to look up, on how to reset my V3’s. Back to the older software, too !

I need better detection, more than any other feature.

10-15 feet or less for people detection, isn’t cutting it.

Thx, for the post !

I had the same problem with the V3 cameras; much improved pictures, but CamPlus People detection did not work at all. CamPlus People detection did not work on my doorbell camera either. Vehicle detection, however, worked, but not want I needed.

I reverted back to my old reliable solution which is to use the Wyze Sense V1 motion sensor module with Sensor Bridge. The infrared technology seems much more reliable than the CamPlus AI technology. The Wyze Sense V1, however, has been replaced by Sensor V2 which I have not tested.

Interesting concept.

Will the sensor work through glass ?
How far is the sensors range ?

I only need to detect motion, up to 30 yrds or less.