V3 night vision

I got another V3 to watch the critters with. The location does not have enough light at night to use the starlight vision (Night Vision Off) .I set the night vision to auto and IR lights to far. One of the raccoons came by and triggered my existing halogen motion light and the camera stayed in the night vision mode even with all that light. I would think the light would cause the cam to turn night vision off ???

1 Like

I have 2 V3 set to IR Auto Far \ Dusk mounted over non-smart twilight\dark LED PIR activated floods. When my floods come on the V3 transition to twilight color quite quickly. Make sure you night vision mode is set to Auto and not to On and that the cam is reacting to the settings changes.

1 Like

It is set to Auto. I have another V3 and I have never used the night vision because there is plenty of visible light. The critter cam does change from color daytime to the night vision at dusk, I just thought that motion light would make is switch rapidly, my old version 1 battery powered WCO critter cam will switch from night vision very fast in Auto and record in color when that same light comes on. Looks like the filter is screwed up to me, pic. below:

Critter cam:

I have 3 on starlight color as well. My IRNV cams switch within a second or two. I do see the tint in your pic, could very well be a stuck filter. I would test it at night with a bright light and a settings toggle to see if it will switch. If not… The dreaded Customer Service call.

1 Like

I give it a test tonight with a LED flashlight right in the :eyes:

1 Like

Well this doesn’t look good :astonished: :astonished: Purple trees.

2 Likes

Time to whack it?

1 Like

It’s 4 days old :grin: :grin: I got a support ticket just for the hell of it, phone is next. This is with the night vision off, just horrible :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Well I meant gently nudge as has been reputed to fix stuck IR filters … But if it’s that new it should be returned.

1 Like

Working on that with support, still purple

1 Like

Whack it! That’s funny! I like that!

In the service, we did a 3 foot drop protocol on electronics. If that didn’t work… move to the 6 foot drop. If it broke, it wasn’t made right in the first place! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Whacking it didn’t work, Auto is a no go. My old WCO works though :rofl:

1 Like

I have a couple of areas where even night vision is not good enough. I live in the middle of nowhere and it can be pitch black.

I hoped that moonlight would be ok but detail is still lacking in any event videos.

I “cured” it by leaving the cameras in night vision mode and illuminating the areas with 940nm IR lamps. Everything is in black and white, even during the day but at least I can see details now. It is not really a cure - more of a work-around ( which seems a common thing with Wyze lately!)

I suspect that a past firmware update made the cameras less sensitive as all my colour and b&w videos seem darker than they were in the past.

1 Like

?

Sounds as if either your camera is broken or you don’t have it on Auto.

I leave them on night vision permanently- I really only need them at night.

1 Like

Okay then that is exactly why you never see color. If you put it back on Auto you’d get monochrome at night and color during the day.

But I guess you’ve decided against that.

Yep - I find that night vision seems to give clearer images. It is mainly for detecting foxes so I don’t need to see the colour of them. It also means that I can use continuous 940nm IR illuminators without upsetting the few neighbours I have.

2 Likes

Oh, also happy anniversary. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you - I didn’t realise I had been on here that long!

2 Likes

New replacement camera on the way. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes