V3/CamPlus motion notification alerts

I recently bought the V3 with CamPlus. I have the V3 setup inside a window looking at my front porch. I disabled the IR lights and get good results with just the starlight sensor at night. My problem is that I have motion sensing enabled and when the V3 detects motion, I’m getting alerts on my Android 11 phone anywhere from 20 seconds to 10 minutes later. I’ve talked to support about it and submitted logs, but haven’t heard anything back yet.

Is this a normal response time? YT videos of other systems do not have notification delays like this. What do you guys see in this regard?

Check out and search “Android doze” in the forums here. May be the culprit of yours, and there has been extensive conversation on it.

Yeah, I don’t think that’s the problem for me. I have disabled battery optimization for the wyze app on my phone. Also, I enabled wyze persistent notification from the wyze app too.

Seems the delay is caused by wyze changing from in camera AI to server based AI, best I can determine.

I fear there is no fix for the delay unless wyze moves back to on camera AI.